GTI battery mounting - info needed!

szrdave

Hi chaps, could someone with a GTI let me know how the battery is secured to the battery tray? With a couple of pictures if possible.

I only have the base of the battery tray, and have wedged a bit of wood down the back to stop the battery sliding around when braking/accelerating 😅

7Zap is currently down, but when I checked before it wasn't really obvious how the GTI setup works

On the GTI, you have a metal tray the battery sits on, and a metal loop that bolts down on one end. Sadly no longer available from VW

6X0803550A.jpg

On 2/24/2023 at 6:45 PM, Roadrash said:

Lupogtiboyo the part number when googled brings up this image,  would you say its the right part needed?

lupo batery clamp..jpg

The part number for that is printed on the part! 6X0 422 163 A, so they have put the wrong image up!

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Rich said:

Taking the battery tray out is depressing.

Just taking the battery out itself is depressing!

5 hours ago, peterstanding said:

Hi Rich how much do you charge to change the pedalbox on a lupo, mine has gone and i have bought a new one

Where are you?

• 1 month later...

Hi Rich the garage is changing my pedal box for me but the brake pedal clip that attaches to the servo has snapped the original part number is 1h2721169 which when i phoned volkswagen has gone out of production on 1st october 2022, Volkswagen told me to order one from a golf 1ko721169, but the mechanic says this does not fit, do you know were i can purchase one or no anyone has has a spare one

thanks Peter

Tbh, I've bust a fair few of them and it hasn't been a problem reusing the remains as a buffer.

They can be removed when doing the job by prying out the side clips where it attaches to the pedal and leaving it on the ball of the servo.

Just depends how motivated on the day.