Awesome Gti vs The Dark side?

tigcraft

Awesome GTI vs Darkside developments.
Well I live exactly in between the pair so which address do I stick in my sat nav?? 

I’m going to treat my ‘Rossa’ Tdi to a bhp refresh. I’m not bothered about super performance but just something up from std. I’ve been running an eBay bodge chip for ages but it don’t ‘alf stink on start up these icy months as I can smell the ‘over fueling’.
I’ve taken it off the last 1000 miles so it’s back to std just to see any difference in fuel and there isn’t. I’m also getting 10.5 miles per litre which equates to around 48mph driven medium (spirited and carefully). I don’t understand how some people get 60mpg from the 1.4tdi, that must be a dark art I’ve not found. 
 What sort of costs is a simple remap these days and how much time do tuners spend with you?
Anyone used the companies in the title to worth a recommendation? 

Pretty much as soon as they first time get their hands on this 1.4tdi engine for the first time, they can remap your car in under 1 hour. They will remove ECU, open it, directly connect at least few pins of ECU board to remaping device and from this point they just need to copy the previously made map for your engine and do all the reverse. Good custome made map is much more time consuming.

I think try to call both of them, tell what you expect and ask some questions, that will help to decide.  

• Like 1

Check the cam to crank timing. The "torsion" number. Adjust the 3 bolts. Ideally it should be 0.0 when running fully warmed up. It has a massive effect on economy (and power) but don't understand why. There have been many debates on the subject.

when you do the remap, please get a rolling road graph, before and after. Only easy way to prove the change, as perception is easy to fool.

Edited by mk2
  • Thanks 1