Lupo gti raven blue forsale

Johnstanyer96

Will be getting a lupo gti raven blue sunroof model in stock in a couple of weeks if anyone would be interested before I list it else where so be quick as they don’t come forsale often with them been rare 12 month mot, full service history, 53 plate, has some bits like cat back exhaust lowered, standard alloys been refurbished, 

Quick write up

Negatives 

Lacquer peel on spoiler

Scratch on boot

Rust spot in drives door shut

Small chip on drivers door

Small scratch on passenger door 

Odd bubbles of paint around the bottom of the doors

Most of the negative is body or paint related 

Positives

Full service

New wishbones

New droplinks

New ball joints

New backing plates

Caliper repaint

Wheel refurb and centre caps 

New centre cap badges

new rad fan

New rear brake lines

Pads and discs all round

New sunroof motor

New sunroof

Heater fan resistor

DBF3BA3E-7E5A-4127-BF6B-2A2E5F2A11B9.jpeg

3AE52DDC-C75A-43B1-A84A-338A7DF37094.jpeg

A56D3BAE-430A-457C-9113-C576A790D2C5.jpeg

80AFEBD7-FFC2-459D-B958-0D53E2F4A9B1.jpeg

83CA87A8-BA45-47BF-A43F-489ADDDC68DA.jpeg

The first things I'd be checking are the subframes. The fact that the wishbones and rear brake pipes have been replaced (which suffer badly from rust) tells me that the environment it lived in was harsh. So lots of hidden corrosion things to look out for (expensive and difficult to sort out).

I think with the new London low emission zone restrictions, a few London based gtis might pop up for sale very soon. London cars are always great, as the city winter temps are usually a bit warmer so hardly any salt on the roads. One of mine is an ex London machine and compared to my other Lupos, it's almost like new underneath. Only problem is dents and scuffs all over. But most 20+ year old cars need a body respray/freshen up anyways. Scuffed and dented bodywork is much easier/cheaper to sort than hidden or structural rust.

I thought the GTI would be fine in the emissions zone, mines listed as being Euro 4 which is the minimum allowed to not have to pay the hefty extra money

None of mine are :(

The irony is that the measured emissions at MOT time show that my cars are actually cleaner than the later vdubs and audis, which are allowed. Not fair. A bit like the road tax system. All based on arbitary dates in time rather than scientific evidence. SMH.

• 1 month later...