Doors locked after car sitting in driveway for few years

Strh54

I took ownership of a vw lupo in the middle of 2016, and it’s been sitting on my driveway ever since. I’ve decided to try and get it running again, but I can’t even get into the car. The key won’t turn in the lock of the driver door, or the boot. It turns in the  passenger side, but doesn’t unlock the door. What should I do to unlock the door?

You can try pry the door open at the top and use a wire coat hanger with a loop at the end and pull the door handle or the pin that pops up when it unlocks if it has one that is.. Just an idea never had to do it but have seen it done before 

I'd focus on unlocking the back door (tailgate). Or if you have pop out rear windows, a thin rod might just work to open one, to allow a longer thing to open a front door.

Central locking or poverty spec locks? If central locking, chances are evrything is deadlocked, and the only way in is to break a window or drill out a lock. Do the passenger side.

Prying the door will permanently wreck it.