Gti pedal box

Jakecolton

Hi, i have had problems with my pedal box recently and have been offered a pedal box from a gti, does the gti pedal box fit my lupo, I have a lupo 1.4 16v 2001, is it the same box or does it need modifying, thanks.

Jake.

You can get the pedal box through VW, I think its been modified now to make it stronger, part number is 6X2 721 115 F - £57.41 inc vat. The dealer may recommend some other parts to go with it though...

• Like 1

You sir are a genius, I was under the impression from a loca garage that the part and labour would be pushing £600 and I couldn't see the worth putting it into my lupo so was going to have to unfortunately sell it but that's made me really happy, cheers dude and if there cheap enough I may aswel get the box and the few bits, is it really that cheap ? 

The new ones are indeed an improved design, the one ones had three spot welds, you can see them when you get the box out, the new ones have a large seam weld running all the way round. You are being ripped off by your local garage, The dealers have just done mine, £250...

• Like 1

I had mine welded with a seam weld, was fine for about a week and got worse until is just gone again, proper annoyed me, because I was told £600 by the garage I thought the lupo had to go and now you have made me happy again, you sir are a legend, will the new box last "forever" technically speaking 

The problem is the metal is too thin to get a decent seam weld on the original box. My original box is sat in my garage at the moment. The new box will last much longer, I suppose, not having looked into it much yet, but you could nut and pin the piece on instead or as well as welding it, it really just needs triangulating at the end of the day.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mattarosa said:

The problem is the metal is too thin to get a decent seam weld on the original box. My original box is sat in my garage at the moment. The new box will last much longer, I suppose, not having looked into it much yet, but you could nut and pin the piece on instead or as well as welding it, it really just needs triangulating at the end of the day.

We welded mine up all around the edge of the bracket, and has been fine so far, no signs of it going again! 

Also added a bolt above to act as a secondary clutch stop, to take some pressure off the bracket! 

Edited by cj1