Bye Bye Focus ST170... Hello Lupo GTI

andy4976

Hi Guys,

Thats me now an official Lupo GTI owner, i drove to upholland, lancaster on saturday and did the business, traded the Focus ST, well impressed with the car, spec as follows:

1) 02 plate, 12,000 mls with FVWSH

2) metalic silver

3) A/C

4) Leather interior with heated seats

5) Electric sunroof

6) remote central locking & alarm - ( is this standard or optional ?)

only took £23.00 to fill it to the brim with fuel, 200 miles back home on a just over £10.00, excellent mpg, can't drive her though until next monday as my private plate is going thru DVLA at the moment, well impressed so far and have only driven 200 miles it it, plan to fit cruise control, been checking out a kit on Ebay, according to the seller its just a case of swapping the indicator stalk.

Has anyone fitted cruise control ?, pointers would be good.

Never heard of anyone fitting it.

Didn't think it was an option either so you'd be the first!

Doubt it would be as straight forward as just swapping over the stalk though.

Been down the cruise control route, Awesome GTI said the ECU didn't support it and my own investigations pointed in the same direction sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

er cruise control was mentioned on here before, some one wanted to pinch off a higher spec VW passet or somthing and he gave up fitting it as it was such a problem so i wouldnt be soo sure mate. Welcome and gd luck anyway

My old Polo 1.4 75bhp engine was fly-by-wire too, so I assume the Lupo is the same.

The car I drove when I passed my test, my Mum's Mitsubishi Shogun, was drive-by-cable but had cruise control. Was awesome, the accelerator pedal would go up and down all by itself ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Heres whats on the back of my Polo engine, and I know Mitch's 75hp Lupo engine was the same.

DSC00016.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

200 miles back home on a just over £10.00

Am I reading that right?

I usually get circa 200 miles from a tankful, as do most folk... if you got 200 miles from less than half a tankful you need to drive it harder! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Good luck with the car tho mate, you will grow to like it even more, trust me!

The car I drove when I passed my test, my Mum's Mitsubishi Shogun, was drive-by-cable but had cruise control.  Was awesome, the accelerator pedal would go up and down all by itself ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MURDERING WOMEN WITH ******* SHOGUN angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" /> mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />

MURDERING WOMEN WITH ******* SHOGUN angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />  mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />  angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh look, you've just gone 10% of the way to being banned!

Hmm, I have no idea what this is about, so i'll keep out of it smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

(Cool beans with the accelerator pedal moving up and down by itself though biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> )

Looking at the |Ebay link, it looks like Snoop is right.

the Gti isn't compatable.

Check the table at the bottom of the advert.

The GTi engine isn't even listed.