Loopy the 1.4

myles983

Halfrauds for plugs, I got a set for £10~ Bosch ones, if you go to the dealer they are stupid money because they're "long life"

I looked there first, but I've heard Bosch are a bit iffy some times. Have you had any problems with them? I've seen some NGK ones, that are supposedly better for around the same price on ECP.

Is there a specific size, as i can imagine buying the wrong ones and then being annoyed about it :')

Alright, so, there is some debate ive noticed when it comes to gearbox oil. Im going to try and change that before shelling out for a rebuild or repair. 

What does everyone suggest, and why? 

Little shunt. There goes my NCB .... 

Im waiting for stuff to get sorted out and to see what my premium is before i do anything else. The spark plugs arrived, but I've not really had the time to fit them.

At the moment, priorities are ensuring that i dont do anything to cause anymore issues, so updates may be a little while away. 

Ive been getting prices for bumpers, grills etc, but im not overly happy at all. Sorta fallen out with driving a little bit 

that was my first year... went down £300. And yeah I just had a really really sore

Finger where they took the blood sample

wow... well we will see where it goes from here. I had plans to flare my arches a little bit this weekend but i think im just going to be nursing my ego. 

they don't need to know my handbag is my rucksack with about £400 worth of tools in...

haha :lol: , with the amount of stuff my misses has in her bags, and the endless amounts of space apparently in them, it wouldn't surprise me if she had an angle grinder or power saw somewhere in that abyss...

• Like 1

I was on the phone to them earlier, but it cut out mid way through talking to them and I've been trying in vain to contact them all day, but I've been on hold a total of about 3 hours so I'll try again tomorrow. I reported the incident but stressed to them I didn't want to claim, just that I was telling them it had happened. And to expect to be contacted with regards to the incident by the third parties insurance. 

Depending on the other person, you might have to claim. Really, the only time claiming isn't worth is when your excess is super high or they're willing to come to a deal. Have you asked them about that? Some people will settle outside of insurance. Unfortunately, most see the dollar signs as an injury claim is usually worth 2k minimum.

If your excess is high then by all means fix it. If you think it's a write off, you could claim then buy it back. It looks like a cat d at most. 

41 minutes ago, Skezza said:

Depending on the other person, you might have to claim. Really, the only time claiming isn't worth is when your excess is super high or they're willing to come to a deal. Have you asked them about that? Some people will settle outside of insurance. Unfortunately, most see the dollar signs as an injury claim is usually worth 2k minimum.

If your excess is high then by all means fix it. If you think it's a write off, you could claim then buy it back. It looks like a cat d at most. 

My excess is £950. I did try and settle it in cash with the other guy but he was an older chap who wasn't too clued up. There was no damage to his car, just paint transfer from my car, but he said he's got parking sensors on his car, and the bumps knocked them out of action so. 

I'll just have to wait and see.