How to get the boot handle out?

LexG

Hi,

So I've tried to remove the boot handle.

Removed the two torx screws and Taken off the plastic trim inside boot.

Removed the three torx screws under the handle/ lock.

Disconnected the linkage from the central locking motor and the other linkage to the catch ( the two white circular plastic things )

The lock is now free.

However.

The lock mechanism on the back of the barrel will not come out of the hole in the boot, no matter if I try to wiggle it, there's no way all that stuff will come out .

What am I missing?

Here's pics of what I see..

Thanks!

d2ba7cc2c57a3674abdb7f9d61351fb1.jpg

e4728a616dafd67b06fe12d84ca105b0.jpg

c87f9d40f4d4274da98f23bfbfaa9752.jpg

It will come out, it's a faff but it will come out, I see you've put tape over the boot, that's good thinking, but yeah, you gotta be heavy handed but it does wriggle/yank out.

There is a square ish horse shoe like wire clip right behind the handle body on the backside of the bootlid- it sits in a groove and will probably be covered in aluminium fur/corrosion like mine was....

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=331609031221&globalID=EBAY-GB(Picture number two shows the clip I'm on about)

From what I can remember, you need to VERY CAREFULLY lever the side that has the curly bit on the end out of the way, and you should find the boot barrel will come out after this.

I broke my boot micro switch that clips around the barrel assembly before I worked the clip thing out, oops....

Please don't leave that gaffer tape on very long, it is not paint friendly- no prizes for guessing how I found that out....

Martin.

Edited by Tourist

Yes, the collar clip is tricky to get off, especially if you don't want it to fly off and fall down a drain. Would be easier with two pairs of hands.

If you have a very thin spanner this might help get it off easily.

Edited by stator

Thanks for the help but I. Still a it confused as to which clip you mean. Do you mean the square piece of wire directly behind the barrel lock? I'm not sure what you mean by horseshoe??

Sorry!

• 3 weeks later...