20+BHP - 350 quid

mdubgti

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

insist on a rolling road bhp measure before and after and if it soesn't gain at least 20bhp you get your money back. I'd expect a well running standard gti to be pushing 130-135bhp so you'd want 150bhp+ from the remap which IMO isn't possible.

Im with churchill dont think they take 2 kindly 2 mods mite give em a call see what they say smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Tesco/DirectLine/Egg hate mods - they charged me £80 for the last 3 months of my policy for my suspension.

So thats about £320 for the year, and I payed £900 for my policy when it was standard for the whole year...33% extra ontop for 1 mod!!

Just wondered if Adrian Flux was to expensive for you guys confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

I used to be with Admiral

When I bought the GTI they would accept mods to the car, and increase the premium to reflect that, but would repair the car to factory spec

They would even fit cloth seats to my car in the event of a claim "we don't even allow leather on the policy"

I've never called them again and never will

i thought they were pretty crappy, as wen i got my alarm fitted, i spent alittle extra to get the insurance approved one, then wen i rang up to tell them hoping it would lower the insurance they said the alarm wouldnt make any difference. I know its more for piece of mind, but still...

Greenlight all the way - they love mods.

As for this remap I had 135bhp at the last generous RR, with my BMC. My exhuast system should give about 5+ hopefully 10 with the cat also.

Having spoken to those in the know 15 extra is def. possible through remap... so not much work should get me to 160bhp.

but i will reserve judgement till i can prove it!

yes! but it depends where you go with a remap. a proper custom remapper can do ANY car and will change things using the RR all the time to test the change. it can take 2-3 days of work... but i probably wont go for max BHP as this is pretty meaningless. i want more low down torque, so might not get anywhere near 160 but the car will be very different to drive.

according to everyone i have spoken too its impossible to change the limiter on the GTI without changing the ECU when it should rev to 9000 rpm smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I wana take mine 2 the professionals and say heres my car turn her into even more of a beast lol biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

AMD are very well respected - out of all the VW tuners they'd be the ones I'd go with, I think.

Would be interesting to know if they reckon it's a 20bhp increase, or a resultant output of 145bhp...

Would be intresting how well the rolling road was set up before the test was done.

Id imagen a RR set up for a 1 ton car on 205 width 15" tyres isn't around the standard 'normal' size motor to hit the rollers.

I remember a story of a RR dude, who got an extra 5bhp by putting 5psi in the tyres!

Even if its 'only' +13 - that's still quite good bhp/£ and in lightweight lupo would probably make a noticable difference.....

From what i've heard, AMD are good and the VAG 1.8t chip does exactly what it says on the tin.

Im still sceptical.

20hp from a N/A car useing the standard ECU to me is too optimistic.

Weather 10 lost old age hp has been gained and an extra 10hp found then Id say that would be more realistic, but then, its not really a gain is it..

Unless your the owner of the test bed car that is wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Don't some of these places do a 'try before you buy' remap?

Seen it advertised for serial port remaps on TDI's before.

I'm very doubtful about getting 20bhp extra tbh. Never seen that kind of gain from a N/A car with a remap.