Different Dashboards?

FunkyMunky

When reading Mitch Unit 21's topic about his Lupo, i noticed that there was a comment about old and new dashboards.

Does anybody have any pictures of the old dashboard aswell as the new dashboard and also any infomation about when VW changed to the new layout?

Cheers smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

On the Lupo generally or the GTi?

The GTi's had the same dashboard from day one methinks, but the Lupo does have a variation where theres a bank of switches where the cup holders normally live, and the cupholders then go nearer the stereo where the trinket tray lives.

Edited by AndyW

Was going to mention that - the dash shown is bizzare, as it's a combination between old and new - it's got loads of switches!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's the post that got me wondering!

Cheers AndyW, so the changes were only minor, I thought the dashboard may have had a complete overhaul!

Ok, seen that picture that got your thinking. That picture of the 3L interior is the 'old' dash, the GTi has the (presumably) newer dash like I described above.

I'm not sure when the change happened to be honest, and no, wasn't a very big overhaul, just better switch placement, for example, the warning light switch got a pride of place big red triangle switch instead of the one you see on that 3L pic.

I'm sure there are other little differences, the cup holders are a big one too. The old placement meant you had a smaller trinket tray, which means your g/f can't fill it with as much stuff Lupo5.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

And no, thats not my handbag biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

The 3L dash had a lower bank of switches, and an upper bank of switches.

On the earlier dash, the lower bank of switches was a small trinket tray, and the lower din slot also had a small trinket tray along with 2 cup holders.

Later on, they replaced the lower trinket tray with the switches (as shown in Andy's) and put the cup holders where the old switches were, freeing up an entire DIN slot for either trinkets, or a CD player etc.

Ok, seen that picture that got your thinking. That picture of the 3L interior is the 'old' dash, the GTi has the (presumably) newer dash like I described above.

I'm not sure when the change happened to be honest, and no, wasn't a very big overhaul, just better switch placement, for example, the warning light switch got a pride of place big red triangle switch instead of the one you see on that 3L pic.

I'm sure there are other little differences, the cup holders are a big one too. The old placement meant you had a smaller trinket tray, which means your g/f can't fill it with as much stuff  Lupo5.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

And no, thats not my handbag biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

R U sure it's not Andy's LOL surprise.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":surprise:" border="0" alt="surprise.gif" />