Lupo 1.4TDI Sport (With a PD90/100/110/130 TURBO!?)

LUPILU

Would it be possible to fit a turbo from another VAG Diesel such as a turbo from one of there 1.9TDI's like the PD110 turbo for example? What would be pro's/con's of doing so and would it even work?

On top of that, what other turbo's or supercharger pack's are available new. Or even better second-hand from another car that would fit my Lupo? Would a Mini cooper S supercharger fit my lupo (german to german like)

Thanks peeeps!

you any good at welding cast then? why not just go the whole hog ang put the pd engine in? its been done.

I think a pd150 is a vnt turbo? (I may be wrong)

Is so its just the older pd100 and pd130 waste gated which can be chopped & welded to fit the AMF and run off the remap standard ECU.

Otherwise the other option is to use a turbo from a pd90 vnt and flash the ECU to think its a Audi A2 90ps

you any good at welding cast then? why not just go the whole hog ang put the pd engine in? its been done.

That would be my choice, straight swap with a 1.9 pd130, there's been a few on the forum that's took this route

just remap? you'll see a noticeable difference and putting a bigger turbo does need engine interior upgrades for it to be reliable and id forget supercharging for a small diesel that would get alot more complicated than " german to german like " :P

• 3 weeks later...

I've been thinking the same but have now decided either to get another hybrid GT1544 or a GT 1548 with a custom manifold. Anything too big is going to be very laggy unless your playing on a drag strip.

I've been thinking the same but have now decided either to get another hybrid GT1544 or a GT 1548 with a custom manifold. Anything too big is going to be very laggy unless your playing on a drag strip.

Can I ask what spec you had the GT1544 built and who supplied it?

Was think of maybe going this route myself as its the minimum amount of work to swap the turbo over and doesn't require any fabrication.

Cheers

Gary

Work was done by Turbo Dynamics, they changed the compressor to a larger one, I think a GT17. Cost was £550 inc VAT. Also changed bearing to 360˚. I ran it at 25psi and ended up with very high inlet temperatures. Temps could be brought down with a bigger intercooler ( at risk of lag ) or water injection.

Unfortunately I did not realise that a flashing oil light meant stop now and not when you've got a spare moment put in a bit of oil.

My lower brace had hit a speed bump and worn through the sump. Very expensive......new engine and now another new turbo.

Your A level physics is correct in that it will cool the air which does improve performance. But the air and the manifold are very different you will not stop a hot inlet by slightly cooler air passing through it. The air goes through to quickly in too shorter space to have a cooling effect. and you should use venturi or second law of thermodynamics depending on how you are analyzing it chemically or physically. Boyles law doesnt work on a system with work done to it.

Edited by buxton

Now all is clear.

I thought inlet temperatures referred to the temperature of the air entering the engine not the temperature of a piece of ducting.

I bow to your greater wisdom.

• Like 1