Insurance first time 0ncb first car

Battsy

Hey guys new to the forum!

some sweet cars on here..

currently just bought a seat arosa 1.0L im in need of insurance, ive been looking around on some of the websites suggested in other topics but im still having to pay 3000+..

Ive got myself on the main driver and my mum as the named this seems to be making it more money than being just on my own!

Any suggestions please?

im 19

first car

got alloys + coilovers ( smart move..not haha)

1.0L.. should be cheaper than 3g surely?!

Hi mate welcome along to club lupo

Insurance is always going to be expensive for your first car but here are some things you could try

Going direct to the top 5 or so cheapest insurers on the web to get a better price

Consider getting insurance that doesnt allow you to drive between certain late night hours

Try the policy on fully comp aswell as tpft as sometimes fully comp is cheaper

Play insurers off against each other to try and get them to beat each others prices

Try adding mum or dad as named drivers if they have good driving history (seems youve tried this)

Try sky insurance

Try adrian flux and brentcare

See whats the insurance is like as standard and consider stock piling mods for next year and focusing on getting the paint etc mint

Thats about all i can think of

Hope that helps

Chris

I was cheaper Third party, fire and theft by about £800 so it isn't always the case for younger drivers like us :(. Don't stick to one price comparison site; use gocompare, moneysupermarket, comparethemarket etc. I'd also like to add that alloys and suspension changes hardly increased my premium, it put it up by like £200 which is nothing compared to £2100.

yeh ive used a number of different sites mate, my cheapest has been Swinton - at 2700 .. im willing to do third party fire n theft just to get insured but do i sitll get NCB with this? silly question i guess lol,

what car u got and whats ur insurance?

cheers chris mate, ive tried sky insurance unfortuantly they couldnt offer a quote due to my driving history of being 4 months you need atleast 2 years to get insured by them (so i got told on the phone)

also the same with brentarc i think.. i tired so many companies in a short time my brain got confused lol

You still get no claims no matter what level of cover as long as the policy is in your name. I don't know if companies still do it but you may be able to get a 10 month bonus accelerator policy with someone.

Ok mate, yeh u can i have seen some but im still having to pay over 3000...

sucks..

I'm new too..

Currently have a polo 6n on a classic policy which i pay £802 for. I am 18, 17 when i took the policy out. Have a claim already and i got an insurance quote from money supermarket for a 1.0 Lupo, £1,600. Couldn't believe it was so cheap. Policy in my own name, coilovers and alloys declared. That was from elephant, went direct to their website and it was more expensive!

I'm new too..

Currently have a polo 6n on a classic policy which i pay £802 for. I am 18, 17 when i took the policy out. Have a claim already and i got an insurance quote from money supermarket for a 1.0 Lupo, £1,600. Couldn't believe it was so cheap. Policy in my own name, coilovers and alloys declared. That was from elephant, went direct to their website and it was more expensive!

Classic car insurance? i think my Lupo Qualifies for this, but whether the insurers would class it as a classic car is another matter. what company are you using?

Try sky insurance

Try adrian flux and brentcare

None of these companies will touch anyone who is under 19 with a barge pole and will try to turn away anyone who is under 21 in most cases.

My advice would be to put the car back to standard, drive it for a year and get some no claims. Once you have some NCD put the modifications back on if they don't push the price up too far.

yeh ive used a number of different sites mate, my cheapest has been Swinton - at 2700 .. im willing to do third party fire n theft just to get insured but do i sitll get NCB with this? silly question i guess lol,

what car u got and whats ur insurance?

You still get your no claims :). I have a 1.0L Lupo and insurance for me is £2400 - my own policy, main driver, mods declared and registered keeper and owner of the car. I'd also like to add that if and when you get your NCB it will almost half your premium. If i get my NCB I can get insured for a 2.8VR6 for £2400 next year and next year for the Lupo would be £900. So get a NCB :).

Edited by davidelliott294