1.8t lupo..

red

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I got sent a link here (did'nt know you existed sorry) so I thought I would share our new toy.

Little Lupo started life as a 1.0E model. Now runs REVO 4bar code on Golf AUM engine & transmission.

Converted by JBS Auto Designs in Chesterfield. (www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk)

Some pictures/links below:-

http://`badger-5`.com/bin/Lupo/ ...po-18t`.gif 1MB animated gif

Some more pictures.

`ickle-lupo`-engine.jpg

`engine-d`-side.jpg

`engine-p`-side.jpg

`engine-p`-side2.jpg

all wrapped up in this relatively plain wrapper

`lupo-front`.jpg

`lupo-d`-side.jpg

`lupo-rear`.jpg

`lupo-p`-side.jpg

Brakes are being upgraded shortly from small 256mm Lupo Gti ones to Brembo 4 pots & 305x28 disks

`big-brake`-`little-brake`.jpg

It did'nt cost 20k or anything like it, but was'nt cheap.. Quality job done by the guys at JBS.. and a big thankyou to them.

regards

bill

It cost a packet and more than the car to do... so is'nt sensible by any means.. They had the car since July.

Traction is difficult to say the least... ATB peloquin diff next on the list to do.. 1st, 2nd, 3rd

Its a snug fit but very well done.. Drives sweet as a nut.

~200bhp and `230-240lbft` torque from the REVO 4bar performance code.

Its great fun.

That looks very similar engine positioning to mine bill....if traction is a problem then I think the Gemini plate LSD would be a good investment...but at 1100.00 it aint cheap(as you probably know already!)

I never had wheelspin at all except coming out of the hairpin at Croft.....I think it was 5.2seconds `0-60` with 185Hp so the traction must have been very good.

It does seem a shame to comprimise the standard looks to fit wider tyres.

Glad you found the topic Bill biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I think your the first person to actually post any pics of a finished 1.8t Lupo...could be wrong though tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

One thing I meant to ask.....did you replace the whole breaking system? The brakes on my old 1.0l Arosa used to be shocking ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> Felt like the hoses were made of bunsen burner tubes or something!

That looks very similar engine positioning to mine bill....if traction is a problem then I think the Gemini plate LSD would be a good investment...but at 1100.00 it aint cheap(as you probably know already!)

I never had wheelspin at all except coming out of the hairpin at Croft.....I think it was 5.2seconds `0-60` with 185Hp so the traction must have been very good.

It does seem a shame to comprimise the standard looks to fit wider tyres.

It now sits on my 7x16 OZ SuperT wheels and `205-45`-16 GSD3 Eagle F1's now.. Some arch work needed to roll the edge on the rears..

It will get an ATB diff being a road car.. Peloquin for ~£500 approx..

I'm pretty sure it will spin up both front in 1st/2nd even with the diff.. but 3rd should settle down I hope.

Not my car tho... so I have to bare in mind its my wifes car after all and not to turn it into 'another' track car.. LOL

Glad you found the topic Bill biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I think your the first person to actually post any pics of a finished 1.8t Lupo...could be wrong though tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

One thing I meant to ask.....did you replace the whole breaking system? The brakes on my old 1.0l Arosa used to be shocking ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> Felt like the hoses were made of bunsen burner tubes or something!

Thanks Mike for the link.

Brakes are all new.. rear disks and front end hubs/disks/calipers for Lupo Gti.. and soon to receive Brembo's 8) cos I can..

3rd always settles it down with that poxy 02J/A gearbox....there is such a gap between the ratios! I wish I had the money to fit a Gemini gearset in it...

trust me when i say avoid quaife offering.. but i suspect you already know that.

got that in my ibiza.. and it sux.

sequential shifter on 6spd dog quaife... agricultural is one word I would describe.

I always liked the 02J Ibiza ratios as it suited the IHI turbo a lot.. Not sure what ratios are in this golf 1.8T 02J box tho.. presumed they were similar to the ibiza's.. Hmmm Have to check that now.

3rd gear wheel spin in damp still tho, even on new tyres. Got some torque in it..