Tada's GReeeeN Lupo GTI - Last update 1.11.2014

tttttada

Why dont you get a really low et wheel with a bit of width so you dont need spacers?

Ive had 35mm spacers before and they look scarily wide wouldn't like to imagine 45mm ones :o

I will get custom wheels.

Just need to test with spacers first, and see how each combination handles.

Thanks for your kind words.

A little update.

Got a front lip and diffuser.

DSC00737.jpg

DSC00732.jpg

I love this! What are the black arch sections made from?

I like the way you have a good mix of form and function ;) The attention to detail is impressive and things are only there if they serve a purpose, good work dude this is a really nice car :)

Edited by stealthie

This one seriously well put together car, I love the front splitter and arch spat, would really like one of them :) keep up the great work mate

Thanks guys :)

I love this! What are the black arch sections made from?

I like the way you have a good mix of form and function ;) The attention to detail is impressive and things are only there if they serve a purpose, good work dude this is a really nice car :)

The front part of the fender is made from FRP, or rather fiberglass/plastic.

The diffuser is made from a sheet of carbon fiber.

I am heading to the track tomorrow, will update this thread with a onboard video :D

Wow love the track my mate who owns rc developments which is now.called car planet racing has a 1000 bhp track evo 6, did a low 59 arcs lap round there is it tsuaba circuit (sorry about the spelling) it was a time attack competition.

I think your car is quality my friend, sounds incredible and handles very well, love it.

With all that hard work its time you enjoyed it. :)

Looks and goes like a proper track weapon, Awsome sound aswell ;)

Thanks, I like the sound too :D

Wow love the track my mate who owns rc developments which is now.called car planet racing has a 1000 bhp track evo 6, did a low 59 arcs lap round there is it tsuaba circuit (sorry about the spelling) it was a time attack competition.

I think your car is quality my friend, sounds incredible and handles very well, love it.

With all that hard work its time you enjoyed it. :)

59sec is very impressive. I've only seen a handful of cars that lap Tsukuba under 59 seconds, and only one was private owned. Only race teams can afford a car like that. I believe the event was called REV Speed time attack. Teams from the UK, Australia and the US come to compete every year.

Wow your heel and toe moves are awesome! I can only do that on my xbox

Edited by saq85

• 2 weeks later...

Nice car and goes well.

I have to say though, you need a different seat, one which actually stops you leaning your head so far sideways. That will not be helping your driving at all leaning so much into corners. Or if you dont want to change seats you need to somehow get out the habbit of doing it.

Im not saying this as some dickhead whos watched videos and thinks they know all, ive actually raced cars on a decent level in the past until sponsorship dried up.

I do really really like the attention of detail to your car though and the looks

Edited by karting

Nice car and goes well.

I have to say though, you need a different seat, one which actually stops you leaning your head so far sideways. That will not be helping your driving at all leaning so much into corners. Or if you dont want to change seats you need to somehow get out the habbit of doing it.

Im not saying this as some dickhead whos watched videos and thinks they know all, ive actually raced cars on a decent level in the past until sponsorship dried up.

I do really really like the attention of detail to your car though and the looks

No, it is not because of the seat, it is a bad habit of mine that I have to fix.....

I try to keep my head straight when I remember (1:35-1:55 in video, somewhat straight) to do so.

I agree, there is a lot more room for improvement.

Thanks for the tip!!

• 3 weeks later...

On to the next stage, throttle bodies. :)

I had absolutely no clue on how to proceed with this build,

but thanks to a couple of super helpful members on this board (Mitchell and CasperGTI)

I am pretty confident building a AFH/AVY hybrid with ITB's.

I bought an used AFH head off ebay.

Was dirt cheap but in pretty bad shape from sludge/oil; pretty much alot of filth.

Took a good 4 hours with a wire brush and got it to look like this.

DSC00798.jpg

Still got some work to do around the corners, but for now it is ok.

These I will keep for now but will hit the can when the Schrick Group H kit arrives.

DSC00797.jpg

The journals and tappets I need to keep.

DSC00795.jpg

The Group H kit includes a "spacer" to convert the hydraulic tappets to solid tappets.

I am guessing they are some kind of shims?? Will know for sure when it gets here.

That is it for now, I am getting some brake work done for now.

Will post them up when they are completed.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice car mate! You have done sone serious improvements & mods to that Lupo! Fantatic colour too!

Well Done!

Cheers Gav