Lupo GTI Rotted Drivers Door Sill

THE_NORTON

hello club lupo,

I was doing some work on my gti which I have owned for a whole month and noticed some rotting under the drivers side sill near the jacking point, just wondered if this is a lupo issue or just mine? and how I go about getting it fixed? ironically I have no rust on my roof so my gti seems to be throwing out the lupo rust rule book :rant:

Thanks

Just to expand on what Pete said, it's definitely not a Lupo issue as such. My 16 year old rough as hell SDI has none under the sill.

However, jacking it incorrectly or using the wrong type of jack/tools can fold that metal back and crumple it causing the paint to flake and potential rust troubles. I've seen that on a couple of Lupo's. Take a photo, maybe we can help.

Getting it fixed, we need see a photo.

Just to expand on what Pete said, it's definitely not a Lupo issue as such. My 16 year old rough as hell SDI has none under the sill.

However, jacking it incorrectly or using the wrong type of jack/tools can fold that metal back and crumple it causing the paint to flake and potential rust troubles. I've seen that on a couple of Lupo's. Take a photo, maybe we can help.

Getting it fixed, we need see a photo.

Any pics? If it's where I think it is it's quite common if the car isn't well looked after.

Cheers guys really appreciate the help, am at work so ill get some pics up later, its just behind the front wheel and goes about 1/5th down the sill as far as I can see/feel

It's a GTI thing.

something to do with the gti/3l specific sill bit.

As for standard lupos, take your wings off and you'll see the rot.

This will kill so many lupos in years to come.

It's a GTI thing.

something to do with the gti/3l specific sill bit.

As for standard lupos, take your wings off and you'll see the rot.

This will kill so many lupos in years to come.

by the time it comes to matter though?