195 45 r 15 tyre, fast road use

angelo77

Time to replace all four tyres, car is manly used for 'spirited' driving, have toyo r1 on at the moment, have had eagles in the past,

Tyres will not be stretched, car is late up for fast road,

Any recommendation for a change of tyre?

Gsd3 are good but the f1 assymericals 2's are better but not sure if you get them in that size. The vred sportrac 4's where decent but not as good as eagle f1.

Pilot super sport are the best but again not sure if it's available in that size.

I've done a lot of reading and am going to go for Vredestein SportTrac5 next.

Another tyre which I have had on my GTI are AVON ZV3; they don't get excellent write ups, but I have loved running them never had any issues with gripping on the twisty roads up here.

I still have a set of Yokohama A539 which are fantastic, but unfortunately no longer available in 195\45\15; need to get my use out of them as they are aging a bit now.

I've done a lot of reading and am going to go for Vredestein SportTrac5 next.

Another tyre which I have had on my GTI are AVON ZV3; they don't get excellent write ups, but I have loved running them never had any issues with gripping on the twisty roads up here.

I still have a set of Yokohama A539 which are fantastic, but unfortunately no longer available in 195\45\15; need to get my use out of them as they are aging a bit now.

I don't view the opinions of others as valid, Ray, you kinda contradicted yourself there.

I see where you are coming from, but;

...I have had Vredesteins on previous cars and was always impressed with them, so tend to believe the reviews\reports as they back up my personal experience.

I bought the AVON ZV3s from a guy on SVAG who had run them for a couple of hundred miles before splitting the wheels and tyres and selling. I just needed a set of tyres so bought them at a good price: AVON was a good brand in my youth, but now get classed as mid-range.

I do wish Yoko still made the A539 in 195\45\15 though.