alloys, keep and spray or sell?

rozzaa146

HI there

I recently bought my lupo and it came with these alloys:

photo.jpg

I am tempted to get them sprayed black and put them on my lupo but im not sure if they would look nice or not? Opinions would be greatly appreciated! :thumbup:

i believe they are the g60 wheels so if your selling them they are not just the price of standard steel wheels bare that in mind

i like the g60s so i would keep them, personally i would spray them silver or get the refurbed but the choiice is yours

• Like 1

They look like G60's/Passat Steels whatever you want to call them. I personally think they look good, but I'd get rid of the pink/white combination and keep them one colour.

I've got a set on my Lupo which I painted cream:

20140301_152012_zpse1ddbb04.jpg

20140215_1323001_zps7c62fa33.jpg

• Like 1

They look like G60's/Passat Steels whatever you want to call them. I personally think they look good, but I'd get rid of the pink/white combination and keep them one colour.

I've got a set on my Lupo which I painted cream:

20140301_152012_zpse1ddbb04.jpg

20140215_1323001_zps7c62fa33.jpg

They look really nice! Where did you get the central part of the wheel? It looks good

Thanks Rozzaa :) I got them from the shop next door to where I work, as we have a sort of contra deal between us. There are a few sets on Ebay if you wanted a set though!

No problem :) im just stuck between black or silver as my car is all black but the cream/white colour looks good too, so many choices! :surprised:

If it was me, I wouldn't go black, as they would look like normal steel wheels and blend in with the car (being black) and also the tyres. Silver G60's always look nice and white would contrast nicely with the black imo!

The choice is yours though, just make sure you post some pictures up! :thumbsup:

If it was me, I wouldn't go black, as they would look like normal steel wheels and blend in with the car (being black) and also the tyres. Silver G60's always look nice and white would contrast nicely with the black imo!

The choice is yours though, just make sure you post some pictures up! :thumbsup:

Mind made up now, going for the white :thumbup: I'm gonna try and do them this weekend and still looking for tyres for them but i will post pictures :thumbsup:

Mind made up now, going for the white :thumbup: I'm gonna try and do them this weekend and still looking for tyres for them but i will post pictures :thumbsup:

Haha good choice ;) Just make sure you give them a nice sand down and prime them for a better finish! :shades:

Haha good choice ;) Just make sure you give them a nice sand down and prime them for a better finish! :shades:

Thank you! :D I am looking about how to take the paint off the alloys and re do them and came across this small tutorial:

You will then need to sand them down using rough paper, 40 or 80.

Then some wet 400 untill the surface is smoothish, then some wet 1000.

Then primer, 3 coats, then 1200 wet.

Now spray the wheels your colour or choice 2 or 3 times. Then 1200 wet. Now polish.

Does that sound good?

Thank you! :D I am looking about how to take the paint off the alloys and re do them and came across this small tutorial:

You will then need to sand them down using rough paper, 40 or 80.

Then some wet 400 untill the surface is smoothish, then some wet 1000.

Then primer, 3 coats, then 1200 wet.

Now spray the wheels your colour or choice 2 or 3 times. Then 1200 wet. Now polish.

Does that sound good?

Sounds better than what I did!

I sanded them down to give a smooth finish, but didn't actually take all the paint off.

Then primer, 2-3 coats in small batches so the paint didn't run.

Finally 2-3 coats again in small batches making sure everything was covered :)

Sounds better than what I did!

I sanded them down to give a smooth finish, but didn't actually take all the paint off.

Then primer, 2-3 coats in small batches so the paint didn't run.

Finally 2-3 coats again in small batches making sure everything was covered :)

That sounds good to be honest ! so do i get a matt white primer and then just a matt white paint to put on top?