Engine light... Again.

Getting worried about the car here.. 1L Seat Arosa, 03. 72k..

Engine light popped up, got it checked, misfire in cylinder 2, so changed the coil pack, ht leads and a general service.

Light stayed on, thought it would go off after a few miles or so, nope! Got it checked again, said the same thing, misfire in cylinder 2, friend turned the light off and I got 5 minutes down the road before it came on again.

Before all this, it was very juddery, which after changing all that, it runs perfect, idles nice etc.....

(Although, it does judder slightly in idle, but when I turn the wheel or something, it picks up again, and sits at 750revs... )

Any ideas?

Danoid, if I was paying 40 quid for a coilpack I'd expect it to work. On eBay you can seriously cheap ones for less than 15 pounds.

If it drives ok then I'd run it for a while. It might just be a false positive. Important to check the plugs as Pete said.

puzzlement, if the car drives okay, I really wouldn't bother, not until you've freed up some funds anyway. You know for a fact it's not misfiring. What you could do is take it for a long spirited drive. On my old Lupo when I had issues, I noticed the power would drop every so often when going 60-70mph, so you'd be driving along and then you'd feel all the power go from beneath your foot and then it would come back within a few seconds. If it does that, then you've got a problem, if not, then I'm not convinced you have.

Alternatively, you could contact ECP and tell them that your new coilpack is triggering EML. I've found ECP to be very good when dealing with refunds/replacements (in one instance they told me to keep the item).

• Like 1

Cheers Skezza, just hate having the light on. It did lose power before, that's why I changed the coilpack, but that problem is gone. A friend said to ne it could be an underlying problem, so he's going to do a compression test. I'm convinced that it's nothing, so will see on Sat if that's a problem.

Will certainly give them a call.

Thanks again for the advice!