Lupo GTI...

andy4976

Hi all, looking to buy a Lupo GTI, can anyone advise on what to look for when looking and problems or faults these cars have, at present have a Focus ST170, but looking to change as soon as I sell the focus, prob look to buy a 52 plate, needs to be silver with A/c, sunroof and leather interior (not asking for much)

Thanks in advance

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, looking to buy a Lupo GTI, can anyone advise on what to look for when looking and problems or faults these cars have, at present have a Focus ST170, but looking to change as soon as I sell the focus, prob look to buy a 52 plate, needs to be silver with A/c, sunroof and leather interior (not asking for much)

Thanks in advance

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

welcome to the club dude......unfortunately i reckon you'll be lucky to find one with that exact spec! needle in haystack job. faults tend to be minor - electric windows can be a bit funny sometimes - check paintwork under guttering (rust) - check for usual obvious signs that it's been thrashed -

good luck with the 'hunt'! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I'm in Scotland, and the GTI's are like golddust, travelling would not be a problem, I travelled to watford to buy the ST, tesr drove a 04 plate yesterday private sale 8500 mils in red, owneer wanted 12k, missed out big time on ebay last month, plate black, A/C, Sunroof and CD multichanged, 475 miles £9000.00 it went for, I was sick for days...

I'm in no hurry as I know to get the car I want with the exact spec might take some time

I'm in Scotland, and the GTI's are like golddust, travelling would not be a problem, I travelled to watford to buy the ST, tesr drove a 04 plate yesterday private sale 8500 mils in red, owneer wanted 12k, missed out big time on ebay last month,  plate black, A/C, Sunroof and CD multichanged, 475 miles £9000.00 it went for, I was sick for days...

I'm in no hurry as I know to get the car I want with the exact spec might take some time

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's the spirit - i could've had a spec'd up used one there and then but i waited for a spanker that i ordered how I wanted it................

Hey - welcome to the club - plenty of scots lupos and gti's!

Good luck with the search....

I would really check hard all over for accident damage and dodgy repairs, apart from that you should have a couple of years of trouble free motoring!

I have one problem at the moment I have a 52 plate Focus ST170 to sell first, or trade in, to fall back on I have just restored a Punto Cab, which will be ideal for our so called summer until such time as I get my GTI, + I have a wedding to go to in August (mine), and a wife to be who totally disagrees with buying the Lupo, but still I WILL be getting one

Mrs. autobahn doesnt like mine either but what can you do!!!

i just hope she dosent ask me to choose between them............

i hate car chains - but in the time No2 was on order i had the choice of part exin or pri. sale and got 900 more. result.

Well its okay actually I've always owned Punto GT's since I was 21 (now 30) and loved having the little bit in reserve, especially around town, with the Focus its the opposite around town its rather sluggish unless you keep the revs up, once on the motorway it really fly’s, pulling to over 90 in third, all the way to 7200rpm, quite heavy on the fuel though I average 180 miles on £20.00 and that’s driving easy (to work and back) I always make a point of opening her up at the weekend (pardon the pun) it has all the toys ESP, TC, Digital A/con, Sat Nav, heated windscreen, 1/2 leather, sounds daft but I find it to big, and sluggish I like my cars to be quick and nimble, hence why I want the lupo,

you wont go far wrong with a loopy!

i'm not a fan of big cars, not that i'd kick an evo5 outta bed! if i was buying - an s3 would be as big as i'd go.

sluggish in accelleration or round corners?

The focus was meant to have a brilliant chassis so cornering on the ST should be great!

Andy, where abouts in Scotland you from mate?

Ever driven a GTI? I'm sure some of the members here would be more than happy to help in your search!

Edited by zippy

Mrs. autobahn doesnt like mine either

Really, Sarah loves ours. She wasn't that keen at first as she wanted the Smart Roadster, but after we got it she fell in love.

Welcome to the forum Andy, good luck with the search. I always quite liked the ST Focus, pretty hard to spot, just looks like a boggo 1.6, and they used to be dirt cheap from car supermarkets.