New owner questions.

T444kids

Hello all, new member here, just got a lupo on friday. I posted my details in the new members area of the forum but I thought this would be a better place to ask a few things, sorry if I'm going on, anyway, I'm looking everywhere for a set of mudflaps, are they impossible to find? Also the drivers side elec window don't work, it buzzes but nothing happens, and the central locking don't work, are these common problems, any ideas? Many thanks, gaz

Mudflaps, look around your local scrappies. They can be a bugger to find.

Electric window sounds like the regulator. If it's buzzing you know it's not the switch so I'd say look at the regulator.

Central Locking doesn't work at all? Or partially works?

Thanks for the reply, just found some mudflaps at the scrapyard, how about that!!!! The central lockings doing nothing, clicking the button on the key there's no light coming on the light on the key? Maybe it's a straightforward battery gone, does the key just click open in half to change the battery? Many thanks, gaz

I got mine recently and my central locking doesn't work properly, and the car was converted to electric windows but whoever did it...didn't do a good job!

Sorry if this is a stupid question...but if I buy window winders will the windows still wind down?

My door cards had been put back on wrong which caused the central locking to not work, they now hang off and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't!

It's on the list of jobs for my boyfriend to fix....but he's just got a camper van project so the Lupo is at the back of the queue! :(

Thanks for the reply, just found some mudflaps at the scrapyard, how about that!!!! The central lockings doing nothing, clicking the button on the key there's no light coming on the light on the key? Maybe it's a straightforward battery gone, does the key just click open in half to change the battery? Many thanks, gaz

The first thing I'd suggest is check the fuse of the central locking. Have you tried opening using the key in the lock, I assume so. It should unlock both doors if you do.

I got mine recently and my central locking doesn't work properly, and the car was converted to electric windows but whoever did it...didn't do a good job!

Sorry if this is a stupid question...but if I buy window winders will the windows still wind down?

My door cards had been put back on wrong which caused the central locking to not work, they now hang off and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't!

It's on the list of jobs for my boyfriend to fix....but he's just got a camper van project so the Lupo is at the back of the queue! :(

I'm not sure exactly how putting the door cards on wrong would cause the central locking to fail. The solenoid is part of the mechanism which is bolted to the door. Door card or not, that mech would still work, the only thing you might lose is the control module (assuming it's unplugged). Regarding the electric windows, I'm not sure how someone can do a 'bad' job of fitting aftermarket electric windows. All there is, is a high torque motor connected to a gear which cranks the mechanism up and down. So long as the motor is bolted to the door frame correctly there's absolutely no reason for an aftermarket kit to fail. It might be worth whipping your door cards off taking a few photos and uploading to see if we can help.

Thanks for getting back, the first thing I tried was the fuse, that's ok, when you unlock/lock the drivers door it does that door only, the passenger door and the boot all have to be done individually, any ideas? Thanks in advance, gaz.

The first thing I'd suggest is check the fuse of the central locking. Have you tried opening using the key in the lock, I assume so. It should unlock both doors if you do.

I'm not sure exactly how putting the door cards on wrong would cause the central locking to fail. The solenoid is part of the mechanism which is bolted to the door. Door card or not, that mech would still work, the only thing you might lose is the control module (assuming it's unplugged). Regarding the electric windows, I'm not sure how someone can do a 'bad' job of fitting aftermarket electric windows. All there is, is a high torque motor connected to a gear which cranks the mechanism up and down. So long as the motor is bolted to the door frame correctly there's absolutely no reason for an aftermarket kit to fail. It might be worth whipping your door cards off taking a few photos and uploading to see if we can help.

I have no idea as I don't know a thing about cars, but we popped the door cars off at the top and it helped.

The electric windows don't work full stop, all the fuses have been changed but still nothing.

I will upload photos later, to be honest I'd rather just have the manual winding windows as there's no chance of this happening! :)

xx

I have no idea as I don't know a thing about cars, but we popped the door cars off at the top and it helped.

The electric windows don't work full stop, all the fuses have been changed but still nothing.

I will upload photos later, to be honest I'd rather just have the manual winding windows as there's no chance of this happening! :)

xx

Sounds absolutely bizarre. Really can't think why moving the door cards would help.

OK well head to a scrappy and find some handles from a Lupo. Remove the gears which will be screwed on and simply screw on the replacement handle. Job done.

If you do put some photos up it should be fairly obvious what's wrong :)

Put the key in the passenger door, turned the key, locks that door only, just the same as the drivers door, turn the key, locks that door only, same with the boot. Bit of a pain going round locking all three individually. So putting a new battery in the key would be a waste of time too. Surely someone out there has had the same problem and put me on the right path. Cheers, gaz

Put the key in the passenger door, turned the key, locks that door only, just the same as the drivers door, turn the key, locks that door only, same with the boot. Bit of a pain going round locking all three individually. So putting a new battery in the key would be a waste of time too. Surely someone out there has had the same problem and put me on the right path. Cheers, gaz

i know this might sound stupid, is it definitely a central locking model? If you've put a new fuse in, or at least checked, you should be hearing or seeing something. I've never come across a Lupo where all three lock mechs are nailed. You say you press the button and nothing happens, there's a chance it doesn't have remote central locking. Some Lupo's are just key only. Of course, pov specs have no central locking at all...

It's a 1.4 16v with electric windows, next to the door pin on the drivers side is a small red light, I presume this is connected to the central locking, the guy I had it from told me the c/l hadn't worked for years, thanks, gaz

It's a 1.4 16v with electric windows, next to the door pin on the drivers side is a small red light, I presume this is connected to the central locking, the guy I had it from told me the c/l hadn't worked for years, thanks, gaz

Definitely a central locking model then.

There's a low possibility that the CCM (convenience control module) has gone, but it's so so rare that it happens. Did he give you any idea as to why it had died?

No, he wasn't specific at all, it was one of the things I used to knock the price down. If it's gonna cost too much, then I'll live with it for a while, the drivers side elec window works fine but the passenger one clicks and nothing happens, just wondering if there's any link to the c/l

No, he wasn't specific at all, it was one of the things I used to knock the price down. If it's gonna cost too much, then I'll live with it for a while, the drivers side elec window works fine but the passenger one clicks and nothing happens, just wondering if there's any link to the c/l

Possibly but unlikely. You could do with removing the kick panel near the bonnet release handle. You can see the wiring harnesses there. One of them might be knackered.

i have this problem its a right nightmare

i took my door off to do my hinges and when i put everything back together it worked

this was a couple of months ago but recently stoped working again, i think its a loose connection somwhere

The button at the bottom of the B pillar allows you to de-activate the interior motion sensor.

If you press it twice in quick succession it fire anti tank missiles from the indicators...

:yes:

Looks like it's one of those hard to find things, I'll get the window sorted and leave the c/l for a while, only had the lupo a week, and I've already had a complete new exhaust system fitted, new wipers, and it's having a full service on Friday! The car was got as a cheap runaround, good job I didn't pay much. Gaz

i know this might sound stupid, is it definitely a central locking model? If you've put a new fuse in, or at least checked, you should be hearing or seeing something. I've never come across a Lupo where all three lock mechs are nailed. You say you press the button and nothing happens, there's a chance it doesn't have remote central locking. Some Lupo's are just key only. Of course, pov specs have no central locking at all...

Just like he said, I would say you don't have remote central locking. You will have standard central locking but from what you've said it sounds to me like the wires may be burnt out or you might have a screwed wire harness in your door. Does it make a locking noise when you lock/unlock your drivers door?