Dehandling doors

LUpo_bOy

It will fail an MOT as you need to be able to get into the car from the outside using some sort of handle

Doors
The MOT tester will check all doors to make sure:
•
Both front doors are open able from the inside and out and that all doors latch securely in a closed position
•
Rear doors should open from the outside of the vehicle
•

All door hinges, catches and pillars to be assessed for opening and closing of the doors securely

I had smoothed doors on my Polo. It was an effing nightmare. Weld a panel over the recess for the handle, then add a solenoid to open the door, I had my button under the wing mirror. Its great until your battery goes flat.

If you want to smooth out the sides get some Audi 80 door handles instead. Its a bitch of a job though.

Edited by Karl_Mac_

I heard that TVR owners also have this issue as they have the door popper under the mirror. Solution is to leave the window open for the mot then they can lean in and open the door........

Also leave a rear number plate light cover loose so you can always back feed a voltage through where the bulb was, again a bit unsure if this would actually work so please dont shoot me down in flames :S

TVR Cerbera's have the door popper button mounted on the mirror, great when it works, nightmare if you get a flat battery!