squeaky clutch pedal

GeoScars

I recently bought a new lupo (black open air one) after driving it around for like a couple of days & I noticed a little squeak coming from when i push down the clutch ... This only happens like randomly and sometimes alot or not it comes and goes .. Im worried it will be something really expensive

Would anyone be willing to help me if i was to do this

I would if you were closer, but Luton's a fair trek mate.

Didn't you say you're aiming to become a mechanic? This would be a real good test and a brilliant learning experience if you do it yourself. You need to take the steering column out and then drop the pedal box. No need to remove the dash. The hardest part is getting through two ****er sheer bolts.

I would to be one yes, the reason im not to like fond of doing this Cause I dont want to mess up my new car, espically after just getting it and loving being on the road, if there was a guide or video I'd be willing to follow it until i get stuck but I need to have it done in a weekend cause if work

I had the heater matrix go on my Corrado 16v and the garage charged me a fortune in labour to do it, few years later one went in my VR6 so set about doing it myself full dash out job and seats carpets etc as they were soaked, different job yes but the same applies,

Do your research

Set a good amount of time

Be methodical

Well worth it and just think of that money you will be saving and the satisfaction

Edited by AJB-09

Whilst failure is inevitable, it may not be imminent

Absolutely. Mine started squeaking probably a month or two ago and the pedal box only started to go downhill about 2 weeks ago. Basically my clutch went spongey and dropped very low, but the car was still driveable. The old pedal box broke on removal, as opposed to while fitted on the car. Who knows how many miles it had left, perhaps 100's?