carpet (maybe styling)

Keelan

Want to carpet the lupo but was wondering if anyone has done it and what problems they've come across?

Pictures and 'how to' would be welcomed

What is the removal process?

How many layers of what type of materials would I need?

Tools and adhesives if needed?

Best biscuit for tea break?

Essentially a dummies guide haha

Can't say I know of many people who have removed the entire carpet, although you will find a few on eco modder forums who removed the entire carpet in an SDI/3L/TDI to get super good economy.

I'd like to know the definition of a lush carpet lol, I think the OEM black carpet is pretty smart. My old one had the grey carpet which was a bit susceptible to dirt and grime, but this one really cleans up nicely :)

• Like 1

I was thinking of a couple of possibilities.

- Thick soft carpet

- Anti-stain carpet

- Similar to OE (Diff colour)

Hoping it'll look/feel nice and sound deaden as well as a side effect

the problem as I see it is that the carpets are pressed to make them fit the contours of the floor. you are going to need a pretty good carpet fitter to do that. I await being told I'm wrong!!

Would the adhesion method for re-trimming the roof liner work the same. The whole glue, leave til tacky, bit by bit roll it over pressing into recesses and curves.

Would the adhesion method for re-trimming the roof liner work the same. The whole glue, leave til tacky, bit by bit roll it over pressing into recesses and curves.

the problem as I see it is that the carpets are pressed to make them fit the contours of the floor. you are going to need a pretty good carpet fitter to do that. I await being told I'm wrong!!

That's a really good point actually.

Edited by Pete91

Possibly but if it was me i wouldn't risk it in case any of it started to sag and you had to take it all out again.