Tdi squirting noise on ignition

Am sure on every start up as you turn the ignition that I could hear a squirting noise from my tdi every time I go to start the engine.

Today however it's stopped making the noise,

I can hear the pump priming etc but the squirting noise has stopped. Car seems fine no warning lights drives fine. Have stared the car over ten times today and its just not happening. Am starting to doubt my self now that it actually did the squirting noise at all now.

Can any tdi owners please help with this getting worried it won't start at some point in the near future when I get in to go somewhere.

Cheers

Phil

yeah its always done it until today when its decided to stop, Am so used to hearing it every time as its a very obvious sound.

was due to get the fuel and air filter changed tomorrow as luck would have it. worried there is a big fault about to appear now that i cant hear the sound everytime i turn the key.

where is the fuel pump located and how do i check this?

thanks

phil

You can't go wrong with a filter change, but I'm not convinced that's your issue. I know it's towards the back, on some cars you can access it from beneath the seats I'm not sure about a lupo. Stab in the dark, fuse?

I will check fuses first then move on to fuel pump.

Done a little research and it looks as though there is a pump/sender unit in the back. And also a high pressure pump on the engine.

Can any one confirm this?

Strange thing is the car seems fine no warning light no poor running starts first time doesn't struggle to start.

Will post back tomorrow

Cheers

Phil

yes, and the tank pump is under the lower portion of the rear seat. you will see a round black plate with three screws in it. the tank sender/pump is under there. you may need special tool or a good dose of ingenuity to get it out. might be easier to check the wiring first - if that's ok then its probably your pump. but like I said make sure the wiring is ok first, starting at the fuse

• 6 months later...