Soft Blue from Romania - My 1.0 Lupo

lowrider

Beer can center caps are on...I'll take some pictures in the weekend when I'll also fix the little problem with the camshaft.

It's been pretty much since I changed the oil and the filters, so I'll do that too. Since the Loop has about 193k km, I though about Valvoline MaxLife 10w40. Any opinions about it? Could anyone recommend me something else? Cheers

Edited by lowrider

A friend of mine working for Peugeot told me that he can get Total Quartz, full synthetic. I might as well go for that, as the price is fair.

Anyway, I think I'll change it in 2 or 3 weeks, as the camshaft problem will somehow empty my pockets. These mechanics are not cheap anymore....

• 3 weeks later...

Finally, after three weeks of service visits, open-hood surgery and a camshaft transplant, the patient is finally back on the road! Took her this night for a spin and I must admit that picking an open-air model was a perfect decision. You can't imagine the feeling of driving it during a warm summer night... :D

A few updates are scheduled for the next weeks: tinted windows, a full polish and, possibly, yellow tint on the turning signals. Also, oil and filters change.

Edited by lowrider

• 2 weeks later...

I've examined the possibilities and I won't do it. I'll have too much colors on the car with that red stripe, so I'll stick just to soft blue, black and the silver of the rims and badges. Still, I'll give a shot to some yellow tint on the front signals.

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a while since the last update, so here's how my Loop looks now:

Wsm2xg7.jpg

oQWTmPX.jpg

Yesterday, the patient went through surgery again and one tappet was replaced. The oil and filters were also changed, while the plastic surgery implied applying window tint.

Next updates will be Osram Cool Blue Intense bulbs, yellow tint on the projectors and the checkered pattern from the rearview mirror will be replaced with this:

1AUqOuZ.jpg

Some lows and refurbing the wheels are also in the plan, depending on my budget.

Edited by lowrider

This whole transparency/opacity thing is creating confusions :)) The darkest tint you can get is the one which has "Transparency 5%" written on that tiny label the service applies.Mine has 20% transparency, hence 80% opacity. Everything is legal, I did my research before doing this.

I don't have any on the front windows, since that's not legal anymore. A few months/years ago, you could apply it to your front windows too, but you were supposed to stick to 70% transparency, or something like that. It looks way better with a layer of tint on the front windows too, but hey, the law is the law...

• 2 months later...

Hey,

Nothing new lately, as my finances had some other directions. The whole interior got cleaned with a steam vacuum and it looks really good now. Next week, I'm putting the steelies on, as it seems that we're going to have snowy days earlier than expected.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The weather was perfect this weekend, so my Loop is now in summer mode. I've also added some yellow film on the markers, but I'm still not sure about the way it looks.

Plans for the upcoming weeks include color coding the door handles and changing the light bulbs with Philips WhiteVision. As for the eternal problem, ride height...I'm still not decided upon coilovers, even though it would look awesome.

73y1GWm.jpg

That's what I was thinking about. A nice set of springs will drop it with about 40mm. Still, my rear shock absorbers had better days, so going for a full suspension might be a better idea in these conditions.