SCAMMER..

robs red lupo

more info would be nice.

he answered a ad i had on looking for some lupo coilovers and agreed on a price delivered, he gave me his bank details so i went to the local one and put the money into his account and got a rcpt, on monday, he msgd me saying the courier had collected them on wed and would be here on fri 48hrs, i msgd him late on fri saying they neve arrived so he said he would contact the courier and get back to me, he did saying there was traffic problems but would def be there by ten on sat morning, they never arrived so i contacted him and he said he would get write onto them, i asked for the couriers info and he did not answer then he blocked me from mailing him and deleted his account from fcbk. I did check his profile on fcbk and he had pictures of his family and cars so thought he must be genuine. how wrong was i...

PS i have kept all of the correspondance we had..

Edited by robs red lupo

+1.

Is he 100% ignoring you? Nothing that could have happened to stop him contacting you etc?

yes he is ignoring me he has my tel nmbr i also sent a msg to his wife and she blocked me as well, i just hope somet has went wrong and i get my coilovers as £75 is a lot of money to me now, but i think my money has gone..i put cash into his account not a transfer from my bank. I will see if they arrive tmr and if not go to the bank and police. Thank you for the replies. Regards Rob.

If he's not a member on here, there's nowt to do apart from "BEWARE".

Best bet is go speak to your bank advisor and if that gets you nowhere, report it to the police.

What is a chargeback??

Basically, if you pay via your bank, be it a debit or credit card transaction, even a wire transfer probably, you can initiate what's called a 'Chargeback'. If you can prove to the bank that you've been wronged, or left out of pocket (with limited evidence tbh) they can grab the money back, so to speak. It's not completely clear cut, you do need to show them that you made the transaction and perhaps demonstrate that they've blocked you. They only need a small amount of evidence. Take in a screenshot of the fact they've blocked you, and evidence that you agreed the transaction, initiate a chareback against his account and file it as a 'goods dispute'. If he has more than one on his file, his information can be passed over to the police.

I did this once when a shop sold me a fake computer game years ago, but wouldn't even speak to me when I went back. I successfully got my money back + kept the game.

Edited by Skezza

That was the most constructive reply ive had yet, i will go to his bank later today and have a word with them about the situation.

I have kept all the msgs we have sent to each other and i have an adress for him which does coincide with the one on the electoral roll, i cant beleive someone would try this on when i have his details, i hope somet has gone wrong and i do get my coilovers as £75 is a lot of money for me to loss.

Thank you for your advice i appreciate it and will keep all informed.

Regards Rob.

That was the most constructive reply ive had yet, i will go to his bank later today and have a word with them about the situation.

I have kept all the msgs we have sent to each other and i have an adress for him which does coincide with the one on the electoral roll, i cant beleive someone would try this on when i have his details, i hope somet has gone wrong and i do get my coilovers as £75 is a lot of money for me to loss.

Thank you for your advice i appreciate it and will keep all informed.

Regards Rob.

There are plenty of half-witted scammers in the world. I once bought a set of lights from someone on here (not naming names). After taking my money via PayPal, he stopped responding to my PM's. I messaged him for about 2 days in a row. Eventually, I called his mobile but had no answer. I got a text off him saying "soz m8, cant talk, at work" or some **** like that, despite the fact he told me he would be free all weekend for me to collect them from the house address he had given. I text him the next morning (Sunday now) to say I was on my way and he responded "not in mate, sorry, text you later when im home". I drove round anyway and his sister was in the house. I explained what had happened... she apologized, said her brother was a dickhead lol and pulled this **** all the time. She found the lights in the garage and gave them to me. Suffice to say me and the seller didn't speak again.

Not saying this guy was a scammer, but lets just say he was very happy to take my money, but found meeting up with me too much like hard work.

Edited by Skezza
  • Like 1

If the guy is still on here and selling stuff maybe he should be named just to warn others.

Cant find him on this site but his name is MARTYN RIMMER from tamworth, staffs a VW buff.

Been to his bank today and also the police who reckon there is a case to answer so Mr RIMMER if you are reading these messages you will be getting a knock on your door from the Staffodshire constabulary and i have been given a number for the frawd team who will be investigating you very soon.

If the guy is still on here and selling stuff maybe he should be named just to warn others.

If you're talking about the guy I bought the lights from, he hasn't been on ClubLupo since August 2011. His last post was about him selling his Fantasia Green Lupo. I guess he probably sold it in the end.

Like I said, I wouldn't want to call him a scammer if he was just lazy, but I was very dissatisfied with his attitude to the whole thing, especially after he'd taken my money.

• Like 1

Cant find him on this site but his name is MARTYN RIMMER from tamworth, staffs a VW buff.

Been to his bank today and also the police who reckon there is a case to answer so Mr RIMMER if you are reading these messages you will be getting a knock on your door from the Staffodshire constabulary and i have been given a number for the frawd team who will be investigating you very soon.

Sounds like a result mate.

• Like 1

I was on about who Skezza was talking about pal but if anyone on this site is scammed by a fellow member they should be named and shamed IMO. :yes:

• Like 1