ABS/braking issue

This is a wierd one. Sometimes on braking I get a loud grinding noise and vibration through the brake pedal. It's been like this for a few years now and I was told by the previous owner that it was an abs coil problem - not sure what this means. Does anyone know the likely cause and I'd it's an easy fix?

I want to get all the little issues sorted now.

Cheers guys ;)

When was the last time the brake pads were replaced?

It could be a warped disc, it could even be crap in the abs rings (happened to me before and that made it grind)

I had this and it only happened when my ABS light went out. Typically happened when the roads were wet.

VAG COM told me it was the right hand side ABS speed sensor, I've given it a clean but no avail which means i'll have to replace it.

So get it scanned with a code reader and you'll know what it is, probably only a sensor :). If it's really pissing you off, unplug the ABS plugs. This will mean you will not have working ABS (not that you do just now anyways). You will be presented with three beeps when you switch the ignition on and and a constant flashing ! on the dash.

I've had this exact fault. Got it plugged in, told me which corner the fault was on, renewed the sensor, no more problem.

No way, as simple as a sensor? That's brilliant, thanks.