Going rate of a 1.2 TDI 3L?

mad-modz

Helloooo all...

I'm having an issue at the moment, and hope that i can rely on some advice on here haha.. I'm trying to find out what the going rate is for a UK registered 3l is due to swapping my mk3 caddy van on an impulsive decision for the Mrs... Basically long story short she knew someone who was after my caddy, and wanted to do an exchange for their 3l, after god knows how long i gave in. That would be fine, but now shes saying that being left hand drive is causing her problems with the work carpark ticket machine (the only thing she doesn't moan about is the mpg lol) and she wants a 1.4 tdi so shes sat on the correct side.

I'm pretty annoyed to say the least, and i currently am using the 3l as a daily but i require something a lot bigger although still trying to convince her to keep the it. This is not a for sale thread, don't worry, but i really don't have anything to compare it with if i was to pop an add in the trader mag, so could anyone give me an indication of what its worth? I've looked high and low for 3ls, and i cant find anything current for sale Grr.

Ours is silver, with about 73k miles (120ishkm), has air con, all keys service history and log book. Uk registered now, on a 51 plate (2001). Also had a new dual clutch within the last 12 months, mot and tax (which is free i may add lol). Its fully standard, ive been sooo tempted in coilovers haha but i think it would spoil the look of it. No running probs blah blah blah...

Can any experts help with a rough value, as i don't want to under price it, and the normal 1.4 tdi's seem to go for around £3k on silly mileage (as were currently looking).

Just to add, ive looked at just changing the mrs, but its probably going to be the car as its no good at making coffee lol...

Thanks prior and sorry for this type of question (they normally annoy me, but as you can appreciate there isn't anything for sale to compare with)...

Silver is a popular colour, and air-con is a nice rare option, and one that I cannot live without. The fact that it is UK registered and ready to go is worth a few pounds, in less alterations and paperwork.

It's a shame silver isn't my thing.

I'm guessing the aircon would reduce the economy slightly though?

I think the offical figure is a 5.5% reduction in economy with ar-con.

But you don't have use it all the time.

I think it is more efficient than having the window down on a hot day, or the heater blower and demister on a damp day.

I think my figures of 94mpg average, 118mpg best show that carrying around air-con is not really an issue regarding economy.

The extra servicing costs are not big deal overall either.