Misfiring/Hesitating under load and low rpm

As the title says it's misfiring/hesitating when pulling away, at low rpm and under load, mainly when the engine is cold. Just had my plugs and leads changed but before that it wasn't as bad. Going away Friday which involves a 400mile round trip so I would like to get it sorted before then! Cheers guy's

I'm probably wrong here, but it kind of sounds like the tickover might be a little low. I remember a friend who had an old Peugeot 306 that drove fine with 1 person in, but would regularly drop out with 2 or more. He took it into a garage, they increased the tickover a tiny bit, the problem went away.

I'm probably wrong here, but it kind of sounds like the tickover might be a little low. I remember a friend who had an old Peugeot 306 that drove fine with 1 person in, but would regularly drop out with 2 or more. He took it into a garage, they increased the tickover a tiny bit, the problem went away.

Not found that in my searches but Im getting it hooked up to VagCom later so hopefully its thrown a code and its nothing major!

If it just throws up misfire cylinder 3 etc then its likely to be the pack, the car doesnt know when the pack is ****ed. It just know when its missing.

VagCom couldn't find any faults... which is good but annoying! Only thing I can think of is because my plugs are a single electrode the gap between 1 or more of them isn't correct, will have to take them out and measure the gap... but does anyone know what they should be? Cheers Tom

mine seems to be doing the exact same to be honest, when you set off its sound up until 24-30 mph then it like jerks as its speeding up. my vag com didnt bring up any error codes either. proper stumped

I've had the same problems to the extent of not being able to put 100% throttle on as it would just misfire and splutter forwards! Changed the plugs today, old ones were shot and were the bosch ones used by a lot of garages. Replaced with the correct NGK plug (3 prong) and car runs a lot better also changed the air filter for good measure. No more misfire or jerking, still an eratic idle when warm but I think that's a dirty throttle body.

Might be worth changing your plugs for NGK if they aren't already heard the bosch ones can play havok. Failing that as mentioned try and get a coilpack/leads that work and swap them to see if it cures the problem