bumper smoothing

adamb87

yep and am wantin them saturn black as they are black now but a previous owner has had sum fun with a paintbrush am wanting to tke the recesses out and after best materials to use as i would use plastic filler and fibreglass past but just after some advice really

a was thinkin that but on the recesses ie the 3 groves on either side wud be to deep and would crack because off the depth but the abrashin will sand then will blend out with plenty thick coats of build up and flating back its more the recesses that a need advice on but wots the worse that can happen there easily replaced lol

Theres a few good videos on youtube about plastic welding but if i were you and you weren't to confident get a bumper out of a scrap yard and try it your self. If your happy with the outcome paint it and fit it or just do it again on your existing ones. Also i was quoted between 200 and 300 quid for it to be done "professionally" Including paint.

as i onli payed 300 for my car it woudnt be logical to pay to have it done i can get them dne profesinally for cheaper than that but i like the idea that i have done it myself my car goes to the garage as little as possible lol if it does have to go its onli coz i aint got the tool to do the job lol

• 3 weeks later...