Lupo gti alarm problems!!!!

jakeblacklupo

right having a real nightmare with the car alarm on my gti,when i lock the car the alarm goes off, not all of the time but most of the time and if it doesnt go off straight away it goes off after abit, ive tried checking all windows and doors are shut properly etc ive also tried pressing the lock button twice as ive read that this disables the alarm but when i do this the passenger side door unlocks and the alarm goes off which makes me think its something to do with my passenger side door?? ive found the most effective way to stop the alarm going off is to switch the alarm sensor button on in the inside of the car but the car alarm stil went off at random times in the night, i just left it as it was 5am in the morning and i couldnt be bothered to try and mess around again seemed like it was going off every hour after that until about 9am...

just wondering if anybody could help me out?

either telling me why its doing this or telling me how i can disable the alarm so that i can lock the car as its really getting on my nerves now

cheers jake

Before I had mine it had a warranty repair as water was dripping through the rear wiper seal onto the boot switch.

Also there is a history of faulty door micro switches causing faults with alarms and locking.

I have a similar issue with mine , I have 3 keys but only one Is programmed to my ignition its the key with a light on it not remote , when I unlock my car from the passenger side the hazzards go off but no sound seems like its been messed with before , I've had 2 diagnostics put onto it both vag and snap on but non can get into my ecu ... Both mechanics said it could of been remapped or faulty ecu I've been to a vw dealer about it and he looked at me like I was cuckoo .. Any ideas on this one ?