Urgent help please guys

Aaronwilliams

Hi guys, what it is, Is I've recently bought an amp/sub combo for my lupo, I was wondering if anyone could upload a picture as to how the have connected the power cable to the battery, how you managed to get it from the cab to the engine bay itself, people have told me too feed the wire under the passenger footwell, but I havnt got the foggiest as to where I should be pushing it through!

Thanks for your time!! :)

Just attach it to the battery with an electrical connector and fuse it within 18" of the battery. There's a grommet on the passenger side of the engine bay that you can use to get access to the cabin which comes out in the passenger footwell. I'll get a pic of mine when I get back to my car at about half 12. I've got a gti though which makes it a lot easier though haha

It should be quite easy to get the cable through (depending on what guage wire you've used of course!). If you have to cut the grommet a bit to get the cable through then just go for it but be careful to cut the hole smaller than it needs to be if you get me? That way the cable will be a really tight fit and you won't get any leaks in the cabin :)

its pretty simple. as above... find the grommet on the bulkhead (passenger side) feed cable through nice and tight, find cable up under the dash. when I've done it, i always take the fuse out of the cable until the very end of the job.

I was under the impression that you didn't need a fuse haha, thanks for that (as you can tell I'm new to all of this)

I was told to fix it to the seatbelt like, or the screw behind the rear light!

No doubt you will be hearing from me shortly, going to give it a go when I can be arsed

I chose the bolt where the rear seatbelt a fasten to the cab, couldn't get the amp to turn on, power was connected along with earth but no joy! What a joke

I'm sure your still meant to sand down where the bolt touches for a better earth? Could be wrong.

I'm sure your still meant to sand down where the bolt touches for a better earth?Could be wrong.

this.

If you want a safe earth, you have to file away the top layer. Even if you just scratch it with a sharp nail (what I do) till it looks shiny.

I'm sure your still meant to sand down where the bolt touches for a better earth?Could be wrong.

this.

If you want a safe earth, you have to file away the top layer. Even if you just scratch it with a sharp nail (what I do) till it looks shiny.

Fuses are there, maybe need a new one in the amp itself

Power is there because I was clamping down the positive wire and it was continuously sparking, and a little crackling noise from the sub could be heard when I was tightening the wire down onto the car battery, yet no power light