VW Lupo sport track project - Roll cage now in!

st10587

No not at all. In all honesty you dont really have to be that heavy on the brakes. all about carring the speed with the lupo so scub as little of as poss. helps its a dam sight lighter then a standard car

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea what it weights? I want to get mine weighed before I start removing stuff so I can do a proper comparison

no idea, at a guess between 900-1000kg. if you want the weight as a standard car should be on the log book. i know there was a lot taken out just from selling stuff and sorting couriers. the front seats are about 20+kg each plus the carpets and underlays were massively heavy!

Was back down at Lydden Hill this weekend just gone. Been messing around with an old digital camera and made a mount which bolted to the tow eye on the loop. here is some footage.

Me driving

http://youtu.be/Wgf1PkxZ_f4

My mate driving

http://youtu.be/iZKNwuC3xNU

In car camera footage is still uploading atm

Looks a cracking little track, bet its great fun to drive :yes:

great fun to drive and they are very laid back at Lydden (one reason i keep going back) plus its cheap for public use!

• 1 month later...

small update as the Lupo not really seen any action since june!!

now have a Whiteline rear anti roll bar fitted which will hopefully help with the Lupo eating the edges of the tyres!

Also got hold of a spare interior wiring loom which I have been splitting down so only the connections that are used are left. took a good 3-4 kg out of the weight of the wiring loom which was surprising! The Lupo now has no wiring to the radio, central locking, windows, interior lighting and the convenience system!!

Will be looking forward to get back on track for the last 2 sessions this year down at Lydden.