different steering wheel

simonineaston

Have been trundling round south west england in my brilliant new-to-me tdi Lupo and am loving it :-), but... the stock steering wheel's too skinny and little bit slippery - is there a favourite steering wheel from the rest of the VW range that anyone's fitted to their Lupo? I'm thinking maybe leather trim and what about one with controls for the stereo?? Any advice?

Lupo 3L Steering Wheel. They are quite expensive though.

New Pioneer Appradio fitted, with a nice phone holder, brings a whole new level of enjoyment when driving...

E9C4F646-7A49-4EFB-A26F-B841058C0942-7598-00000701A97F601F.jpg

Edited by lupo1.0se

COntrols for the stereo would be a difficult one without custom wiring as the lupo doesnt have canbus. Popular steering wheels tend to be from the newer VW models such as the MK5 / MK6 Golf, Scirroco etc. As with the Lupo 3L steering wheel they are not cheap. The MK5 / 6 golf wheels require modification to the airbag slip ring and wiring for the horn and airbag, again not easy but its do-able.

They look and feel fantastic.

My MK6 Golf R-Line Gloss black steering wheel fitted to my old Lupo GTI, this originally had the controls for the stereo and CC but as I wasn't going to use them I had them removed and the plastic panel welded up, smoothed and repainted.

_MG_4207.jpg

Alex

vw golf mk4 R32 has a nice feel and looks OEM.

thats what i have in my tdi.

nIMG_0025.jpg

Edited by fattasss

• 10 years later...

Hi, I'm looking to upgrade the tatty stock plastic wheel on my 1.4TDi sport with something nicer, preferably leather. I understand the Lupo GTI, the SE and the Polo 6N2 GTI are all straight replacements.  I have the option of a 3L (with airbag) but don't know if it a straight fit or whether mods are required.  Can anyone offer any wisdom / experience please?  Cheers.