Lupo 1.0 E - Losing power through gears. HELP :(

top_lupo

Hi, i was wondering if anybody knew the reasons why my Lupo has started losing power when I accelerate, it seems to be quite 'bitty' when giving the power, and is much worse if i floor it to compensate for loss of power. It only just passed MOT in September.

Hopefully one of you guys will know.

Thankyou in advance :)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get the fault codes scanned by a garage/ someone with VAGCOM software. If its showing a misfire, it'll be your HT leads/coil pack/ spark plugs. Probably the leads.

I'd say throttle body and EGR are gunked up would be the best place to start as it doesn't cost anything to fix apart from a couple of hours of your time and then go from there.

I took mine to a mechanic with exactly the same problem as you are experiencing and after having the car for three weeks and replacing spark plugs,HT leads and finally a new cylinder head as they told me it was misfiring on cylinder 1, the car was still the same!

I gave up on the garage and had a go myself. Ordered a cable off amazon and downloaded VAGCOM off the net to read the codes off the engine. It highlighted the EGR valve and temp sensor as faulty. Replaced the temp sensor for a tenner and stripped the EGR valve and throttle body off engine, cleaned with carb cleaner, replaced and reset throttle body with VAGCOM and car runs an absolute dream now and covered two thousand miles since with no problems. Just wish I hadn't spent £600 on a so called professional as it didn't need the cylinder head changed at all :(

If he didn't go through the gears he would be fine.

I had a 1.0 Polo last year, although I never actually took it on the road I did go up and down the track a few times and it was really slow, it was the first 1.0 vag thing I've ever driven and it was genuinely crap.

I would never ever ever drive one as a daily, I pity those who do.

As I said at the start different cars for different purposes.

I need a second car for driving round town in not a car to go to the B&Q car park at night in and do doughnuts till i need new tyres.

I'm sure you like yourself but probably just a bit too much though!

I couldn't give a flying f@&k about either.

The only other person i've ever seen admit to the fact he can do that is Gary Glitter Rich lol

Is there any need for the language? Really?

This is a family forum, the Lupo is often considered a first car and because of this kids love them and you're on here swearing and talking about peados.

I think you should apologise.