anyone know where i can get a decent camera to take great car photos?

Sp3nny

when i look around the forums i see that my camera leaves a lot to be desired in terms of picture quality, can anyone recommend a decent one (second hand) ranging from £100-£250, possibly an slr, needs to connect to computer

heard that nikon d90s are good?

thanks

What camera are you using now?

First of all do not shoot in auto mode. Go to full manual but read widely available tutorials on what settings mean and how to apply them to get pro-photos, even from a point and shoot slab.

• Like 1

Looking on eBay I think you'll be lucky to get a D90 in that price range. I don't know much about the Nikon range, but maybe the D40 DSLR or a Canon EOS 350D even a 450D if you are lucky.

You should look at bridge cameras like this: Canon Powershot SX30IS

It's a replacement for the Powershot S3\S5\SX20IS. I still pick up my S3 when I want an easy time of it.

Pretty good wide angle and zoom and will focus at something like 6mm. You would need to carry at least three lenses to do that with a DSLR.

cheers guys, i got a 14megapixel Samsung st70 at the moment, just don't know jack sh*t about cameras or photoshop

that sounds like a quality camera mate, probably a bit too good for me, thanks for the offer though

Looking on eBay I think you'll be lucky to get a D90 in that price range. I don't know much about the Nikon range, but maybe the D40 DSLR or a Canon EOS 350D even a 450D if you are lucky.

You should look at bridge cameras like this: Canon Powershot SX30IS

It's a replacement for the Powershot S3\S5\SX20IS. I still pick up my S3 when I want an easy time of it.

Pretty good wide angle and zoom and will focus at something like 6mm. You would need to carry at least three lenses to do that with a DSLR.

cheers silver, think i will get that powershot looks good for the money