Polo GTI 6N2. VIDEO UPLOADED

hey guys! sorry to hack the Club Lupo page with Polo issues, just need as much help as possible thanks.

more trouble with my Polo.

changed the wheels on the car, and took the camber off so its running straight and proper now.

seem to have a loud loud clicking/knocking noise coming from drivers side wheel/driveshaft/cvjoint?

if i drive on the flat, or down a hill it doesnt do it, and if i put my clutch in it doesnt do it.

but if i drive up a hill or on a uneven surface it clicks/knocks.

i see that this could be a drive shaft problem, but i dont understand how putting the clutch it stops the noise, i hope this is not a gearbox problem.

any help or advise would be much appreciated as need to get it running proper :D

thanks in advance :D

Edited by Douggie

which CV joint you reckon? the inner or outer?

or best just to replace driveshaft? when i put the clutch in, its is obvisoly taking the strain of something, of which causing it to stop. il have to get it jacked up and have a proper look today.

and haha Rich that would be funny, i doubt some one could get under it to tie one on! lol

Have you tried putting standard wheels on? it could be a clearance issue, does the wheel move freely when you jack it up?

Feel any grinding/catching just to rule out bearing/cv join.

A good idea would be to get it up in the air and have a good poke around underneath, make sure nothings catching etc

its npt had standard wheels on it, had th mono's on it befor.. but these wheels have been on for a week now... so dont think its the wheels.

jacked it up, nothing seems to be broken, gearbox mount is intact... cv joints are silent....

im thinking its possible gearbox faliure mayb? as when i put clutch in... it stops.

thanks

well thats the problem, its not a constant noise, only when going down hill now... and its just gen be a pain in the arse! i just fancy giving it a garage and sayong dont give it back till its fixed! fed up of it now! as the polo's are horedous for Gearboxes im just gna presume for the worst!

It is quit bizarre I'll give you that, have you taken your wheels off to have a look at the drive line? It is possible something is catching your o/s drive shaft I guess, just slightly when the car is going up hill. Take your front wheels off and check for any wear and recent signs of catching.