Dashboard speakers

mattbagshaw

Hey guys,

Im always full of problems with my car, newest problem are the dash speakers, just recently they have started to crackle really bad, and i was just wondering what i can do to sort them out, weather changing for new ones would require taking the entire dashboard off, which I don't want to have to do...

here is a photo if you don't know what Im talking about??

IMG_0519.jpg

Their tweeters mate, if you want to upgrade them you'll have to take them out and measure the size of them to find ones that will fit.

Although you may be able to find some bose ones from an audi that might fit but again will need measuring to make sure.

you can buy genuine replacements on ebay, for some reason this guy http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GENUINE-VW-LUPO-SEAT-AROSA-DASH-PANEL-TWEETER-SPEAKER-6X0-035-362-A-/190702542636?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item2c66c1df2c only has right hand ones but sure you could find a pair...

Nope Tis easy, the mesh comes off if you bend the tabs out all the way around. Then the tweeter is plastic welded in but really easy to remove. After that I just enlarged the hole, stuck my new tweeter in and stuck some sound insulation in to inprove the acoustics :)