RickyDs Arosa... New car content

rickyd1992

• 2 weeks later...

Stuck on what to do guys, I spoke to my insurance yesterday and they want to add £400 to my premium if I have coilovers fitted... I dunno what to do I can't really afford £160 a month for insurance and tbh I don't REALLY want to void my insurance by not having them covered :S any ideas/advice ??

bang springs on it, i don't think upgraded springs void insurance whereas coilovers do

also the colour coded bumper looks sooo much better, wish i'd done that myself when i had an arosa. Did you just use primer and spray paint?

Cheers buddy I agree :) I had it for by a body shop as I'm not that confident when it comes to spraying especially something that's so much on show, only cost me £80 so wasn't too bad. It was primered then sprayed tho in answer to your question lol

Also the front end looks even better since I took the orange vinyl off the badge :) IF the weather is ok on the weekend im going to give her a good clean and polish and take some decent pics ! Big IF tho lol

Edited by rickyd1992

Cheers buddy I agree :) I had it for by a body shop as I'm not that confident when it comes to spraying especially something that's so much on show, only cost me £80 so wasn't too bad. It was primered then sprayed tho in answer to your question lol

Also the front end looks even better since I took the orange vinyl off the badge :) IF the weather is ok on the weekend im going to give her a good clean and polish and take some decent pics ! Big IF tho lol

good decision and £80 is well worth it to get the job done right, and its the best modification to do on an arosa imo. Looking forward to seeing the progress, kinda wishing i had a canica blue or bola green arosa now

bang springs on it, i don't think upgraded springs void insurance whereas coilovers do

Wrong.

Wrong.

he onl

I do love your bluntness Koop, he's right, the only way you could lower it without affecting insurance is to use the arosa sport springs and I think they're only 15mm lower... just whack coilovers on and switch your insurance company.

my bad, i heard that if you put GTI springs on they lower it slightly and wouldnt void your insurance or cost you any money once you declared them to insurance. Maybe i'm wrong, few people have told me though

OEM springs you might get away with, VW do a 20mm kit but it's like 500 quid or something stupid. That might be what GTIs had standard.

ah ye i think it is mate. 20mm is a pointless drop

Just spent the last 3-4 Hours washing, polishing and waxing Geraldine :) very happy with how shiney she is ! I used good old SRP to polish her and AG Aqua Wax to wax her (obviously lol) dunno if anybody else has used the aqua wax but seems to do a pretty good job, hard to say on such a light coloured car but I'm happy, that stuff smells amazing !! AG seem to do pretty well when choosing aromas for their products I must say !! After all that anyway I AG glass polished the windows and a coat of Megs Endurance tyre gel (<3 great smelling too !!) on everything that is black :) sadly light was fading when i finished so no decent photos just one of the reflection in my dads accord and one of a reflection on the roof..... Only iPhone pics so nowt special

B553655A-CA66-4035-9B9C-9B5C9FF31EC9-28523-000032811D4A42F3.jpg

Cars at different levels so not the best :roll:

908A7708-91F9-4DAC-AC5F-424FEDF8C95A-28523-0000328110FAA1F8.jpg

Not too bad a reflection considering the light conditions :)

Small update, I brought myself a Seat 'Alana' CD player as for some reason aftermarket stereos won't work in m car anymore but this works lovely, very happy and you can't get much more OEM ;) some pics, and pics of the sprayed dash too

31CB99A4-ECA8-4474-B255-6F255762569B-1285-0000021385000878.jpg

A057579E-6BAD-457E-AFBB-A4EDBD82200C-1285-000002138E8BE589.jpg

Can anybody help with my permanent live problem ? I have to turn my stereo on and off manually every time I get in/out the car, it's been like thi since me and my mate blew my aftermarket stereo, I can also light up my brake lights and flash my main beam without even having the key in the ignition... Any ideas suggestions ? Cheers

Comments welcome :)

Edited by rickyd1992

switch the two cables around behind the stereo. i think its red and yellow or something? i had the same problem.

you can turn your brake lights on and flash your lights regardless of the key being in with all lupos. i think?

It's the factory stereo so there isn't a red and yellow cable they're like brown, red, blue/brown and red/brown I believe it's not exactly a problem just irritating and if I forget it stands a chance I'll have a dead battery when I come to leave work or whatever lol

If you can get hold of a multimeter just test which wire has a permanent feed all the time and which one drops power off when you turn off the ignition and swap them round. They will be the thicker wires.