RickyDs Arosa... New car content

rickyd1992

I've had my Arosa since May (2012) and have been on here pretty much since I got it so as i'm about to start doing a few things to it I figured I should start a project thread http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.png Haven't really done anything as of yet but starting this in preperation.

IMG_0219.jpg

how she looks ATM...

Only things I have done is swap my sidelight bulbs for bright white ones, and swap my indicator bulbs for chrome ones. I brought myself some 3D carbon fibre vinyl wrap from the Bay and started to do my door handles today, only got one done but i'm reasonably happy with the result considering its the first thing i've ever wrapped.

From this...

IMG_0263.jpg

To this...

IMG_0264.jpg

My theme is going to be the Gulf Racing colours, so the plan is to do the other part of the handle in orange vinyl. at some point I will wrap the handle surround in black and maybe the handle in orange I haven't decided yet....

Other Plans..

Coilovers

Maybe a light tint on the rear windows

Maybe front fogs

I believe that is everything, will keep this updated as I do stuff, comments/criticisms/suggestions welcome http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/biggrin.png

Edited by rickyd1992

Love the colour mate, I like the way you have done your carbon wrap, as it's different to the way others have done it :thumbsup:

Look forward to seeing more!

Joe

cheers dude :) I wasn't sure which way to have the colours but i think ive made the right choice ! havent seen anybody elses tbh but sure i will in time...

i look forward to seeing more too haha

Orange vinyl was delivered this morning so I got straight to wrapping the other parts of my handles..

finished....

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0271.jpg

when I get round to it i'm going to do the handle surround in the CF wrap too so it blends in and if I feel confident enough i'll do the window switches too :)

After the handles were done I was feeling adventurous so I wrapped the heater control panel...

IMG_0273.jpg

i'm pretty happy with how that looks tbh :) wanna do my heater vents next but not today, and not sure wether to go CF or orange... ??

and just a couple of photos of my sticker 'collection' so far !!

My EDF 'Zingy'

IMG_0253-1.jpg

and...

IMG_0274.jpg

Comments and Criticsms welcome !

• Like 1

did i see you yesterday dude down by the fire station on hewell road about 10pm? i was pulling out and a canica blue drove past, as far as i know youre the only one in town.

There must be 2 then mate haha I wasn't out last night, when I start my proper mods you'll know it's me ;)

Edit: there's Definately 2 !! Just at the jubilee and theres an identical one in the car park !!

Edited by rickyd1992

i second that, love canica blue, and a tdi. How much did it cost you Ricky if you dont mind me asking? :thumbup:

I paid £1000 for it, had 83k on the clock when I brought it and had 1 previous lady owner from new :) (she was my bosses nan ;) ) such a pleasure too drive, I had a mk5 fiesta before this and I really wanted a bigger car but this came up and for that price it was rude not too, the MPG is almost double what I was getting from the fiesta so it's saving me money in the long run :D

Don't do it, it won't look right. Canica blue doesn't go with any bright colours as its a pastel type colour.

Do it - but wrap the whole car :)

Gulf colours would look great. So are you planning on a sky blue/orange vinyl wrap???

Front.jpeg

If you look at the Aston in the gulf racing colours its very close to canica blue... I'm still undecided anyway depends if I have the balls to do it and if I'm happy how it looks when I've done everything else

Dude, the Canica blue is closer to white than Gulf blue!

If you are planning to combine orange with Canica, I'd have to agree with my man Sloanes - it would not look "Gulf"...... :surprised:

Edited by Joti

Swapped my headlight bulbs for Osram Night breaker plus bulbs this afternoon :) will be out and about to test them in a bit !! I also decided to wrap my front badge in orange... I'm very happy with how it came out ! Looks great from a distance, could have been a tad neater but I can re do it in the future... I'll get a pic up later :)

Here's a pic of my orange badge...

8ddee7b1.jpg

I've swapped my number plate bulbs with LED ones as well so they look a lot better

bab28fb7.jpg

very happy with the Osrams I brought too make a huge difference :)

Edited by rickyd1992

First proper update :D got me some BBS RAs for a bargain price of £77 !! They've been sprayed/coated in black an for now that's how they will be staying ! The paint seems pretty good, very few chips in the paint. Tyres all seem in ok condition, one has a screw in it and needs repairing and one may have a slow puncture but other than that they are all good :) Exactly the same size as my standard wheels which is great cus when I do need a tyre I can just get them swapped over !! Anyway here's the piccys ! (not fitted yet gonna get tyres sorted first !)

d1700aa3.jpg

132d004c.jpg

4b4e8da0.jpg

And I have a couple of new stickers too :P

5f4f035b.jpg

c7c81451.jpg

Happy days !! Colour coding and then LOWS are next on the agenda :)

Comments and criticisms welcome

Edited by rickyd1992