GTi Bi-Halogen headlights idea.

ToJo

Hi all.

I have a pair of GTi headlights, simply because they look 1000 times better than the standard headlights and have been thinking of how to fit them to my sport but keeping legal.

Came across these hella Bi-halogen projectors

99800.jpg

Now i've emailed hella to get the dimensions to see if they fit in the existing light housings, then the rest should (hopefully) be some re-wiring to take into account the different position of the indicator in the GTi light but staying LEGAL.

Can anyone see anything obvious i've missed??

Tom

I think he's planning on running halogens not xenons so surely wouldn't need washers?

xenon is a halogen though?

I think we need to clarify here. The standard bulbs that we all know and love are what are being referred to as 'halogen', so long as your team pattern is okay and they're not yobbo and blue you can run whatever you like (i like my night breakers or phillips diamond vision). When the word 'xenon' is used its referred to HIDS, whether aftermarket or standard like in a lupo GTI headlight, you can run them without washers and levellers.

To add to all this, has anyone tried running a standard h4 bulb in a GTI unit?

It all gets confusing when you throw the fact that you can buy halogen bulbs filled with xenon in the mix! basically, if they aren't HIDS (running of ballasts) then they just aint xenons :P

Oh yeah. Look it's like 15 years since I did A level chemistry :lol: