What happened this morning?!

lupolady

Hi guys,

Haven't really been on here in a while! V hectic at work evil.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":evil:" border="0" alt="evil.gif" />

Anyhow... was on my way to work this morning and just set off from the traffic lights and the blighter conked out on me!! Nice place to do it mind, in the middle of a busy juction!

It just died and my "stall lights" came on but I hadn't stalled! :? Had zipped off in 1st and was changing into 2nd when it happened and there was a funny noise like the sound when you leave the lights on and open the door but it was intermittent, which is when I looked down and saw it had cut out. I came to a stop and started her again and all was well!

Can anyone shed some light on this random incident?

Oh and it happened just seconds after I was sat in a traffic jam thinking that if I still had the Mk1 it would have boiled over by now!! Typical! :roll:

Exactly the same happened in my Polo - the next day I tried to get in and it wouldn't unlock.

Turned out it was a loose battery terminal (looked/felt tight, but had a lot of play in when you got a spanner on it). Tightened it up and it never happened again in 40,000 miles.

Not being funny but you didnt set off in 2nd or 3rd by any chance did you. On the Gti the gears are positioned real close so you may not visually have noticed the difference between 1st and 3rd.

Have set off in 2nd before and wondered why it felt sluggish, gone to change in 2nd and it was already there...talking at traffic lights and not rememebering I had dipped clutch and stopped on way there resulted in leaving it in 2nd.

Ahhh I will try that then, thanks for the info! And no was def in 1st as it felt as 1st gear would i.e. not sluggish. Plus had def been in neutral at the lights.

I've only just had it serviced a month ago so had a panic that it might be something like them doing an oil change and forgetting to put the oil back in but have checked all the obvious.

But have had it over a year now and this is the first blip - good going for my track record!

Hopefully it won't have locked me out when I go to it this morning! :shock: