Key help

Amber_Nunny

Okay so rather stupidly I lost my main key a while ago which I've been meaning to replace.

I think the time has come to do so but I really have no idea what to do.

I know I need to get a new key cut but then how do you programme it to work with the car? :\

Probably a really stupid question but I'd rather have a useful answer and get it sorted than just ignore it for another 6 months! ^_^

i know one thing for sure, reprogramming keys onto the car usually has to be done by volkswagon themselves. but its not the cheapest thing in the world. and i recon either you could buy a new key from them and have it cut , or maybe check ebay for a uncut key and have somewhere cut it for you.. then just get volkswagon to re program it on to the car for you.... the best person to speak to is lupoboz in the traders department on here... as he get a real go discount on things :) hope this helps

just ring dale (lupoboz) he's real good and extremely helpful he wont say get it from volkwagen if its not the best idea/cheapest if there a better way for less money out there he will tell you :):)

Hi, there is a guide in the How to section. Althought this is for a flip key mod. And only works if you have remote central locking I think.

You can program it yourself simple by sticking your original key in ignition and the one to be programmed in the door. The problem you may have will be the immobiliser chip! There is a chap on eBay who supplies and cuts HAA key blade, but he require a photo of your key to do so. He has good feedback too!

Hi, there is a guide in the How to section. Althought this is for a flip key mod. And only works if you have remote central locking I think.

You can program it yourself simple by sticking your original key in ignition and the one to be programmed in the door. The problem you may have will be the immobiliser chip! There is a chap on eBay who supplies and cuts HAA key blade, but he require a photo of your key to do so. He has good feedback too!

Thanks that's really helpful! ^_^

If you're at a key party, try putting a distinctive keyring on so you know you're getting yours back at the end.

Thanks Rich...Such good and helpful advise!

Obviously speaking from experience ;)