Just Bought 1.4 tdi

fereday04

I've just bought myself my long awaited arosa 1.4tdi. It looks good condition but has done 120,000 miles. I cant help but think thats a lot for a small car with a small engine. Is there anyone here thats had a 1.4tdi and tell me how reliable the engine is and how many miles they could get out of it?

Cheers!

where you from and can you post a few pictures fereday? and how much did you pay for it? most tdi's seem to be around the 120k mark

• 2 weeks later...

put them on photobucket then just click on them, copy and paste. easy.

how much did the car cost you if you dont mind me asking? :thumbsup:

It's fair to say it's not in the best condition :angry2: it has dents and scrathes all over but in time and when i have a bit more money i hope to get them all out!DSCF5181.jpg

iThis is the worst, its taken a big shunt on the sill :angry2: I don't know how but i hope i can find someone to get that out. again when i have the money.

DSCF5180.jpg

It does have some decent wolfrace wheels on, which will do me until i get a new set when i have the money!

DSCF5186.jpg

The interior was hideous and filthy... so i took it all out last night and gave it a good clean today

DSCF5191.jpg

And i had a look at putting these seats in but im unsure :innocent:

I have a polo tdi, its got 180K on it and its sweet, last time i checked i got 71 mpg combined, these things are amazing on fuel, on a traing course atm and its all motor way and iv done 300 mile to a quarter of a tank.

Enjoy it dude :)

DSCF5181.jpg

iThis is the worst, its taken a big shunt on the sill :angry2: I don't know how but i hope i can find someone to get that out. again when i have the money.

It's common on lupos for the sills to bend when a jack is used in correctly on them, you could bend them back if it bothers you that much

It's common on lupos for the sills to bend when a jack is used in correctly on them, you could bend them back if it bothers you that much

i dont think he is talking about the underside, cant you see just below the door all the paint is gone? i think this is the part he is talking about, not the underside sill :-)

take a look at this thread, on the first page. this guy redid his door sills himself:

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=81377&hl=

• 2 weeks later...

What you using to clean the upholstery? mine needs cleaning, but cant find anything decent!

I hired a "Rug Doctor" carpet cleaner (from Homebase ), it comes with an upholstery cleaning attachment and did a good job - those pale grey seats are a pain to keep clean, they show every mark.