Joe's Black Arosa - Funny Suspension

gatesy0093

Thanks but I don't think they are, the sportex exhaust is made for the 1.4 so it was a little longer than where the 1.0mid section ended so I had to cut a bit off. Cheers though

• 3 weeks later...

Right so today and yesterday I changed the discs to some shiny brembos and the pads to some nippons :) didn't bleed them as the nipples were rock solid and didn't want to risk breaking them. Sorted out half the bumper issue but didn't have the time to wip it all and put it back on.

Now when we lowered it back down and test drive it the noisy/buzzing suspension has swapped sides haha. I think it's just the tops where the spring sits isn't quite seated properly??

Also the rear left side now has a rotational grinding? Even though we didn't touch the rear of the car so I'm thinking something in the drums?

But good news is I used the Turtle Wax Black Box and it is fantastic. Snowfoamed the car first then 2BM, clayed it while it was wet :o so smooth! Then dried it all. Used the black box kit and OhMyGod! What a change. Bought the colour right back to life. Fully recommend for black car owners :D

Still have the problems from before but this is to expand on the Turtle Wax Black Box.

It doesn't remove scratches or swirl marks so you still need to use a good polish beforehand. I didn't have time or have any at the time so I clayed mine instead.

The product itself is really easy to use.

You get a pre carnauba wax which is useful. Easy to apply although use your own applicator pad as the one they give didn't seem that good, it can sometimes be stubborn to remove.

The actual carnauba wax is lovely, smells lush. Easy to put on and goes for miles with the pad they give you. It also comes off quicker than saying because.

It also comes with 2 fairly large microfibres towels which is great and a black tinted quick detailer. It says to use with the towels when buffing off each product but its easier not too. It is quite good for afterwards though

Before I did this I thought the car was clean but after doing this I realised the paint was all cloudy and misty, this really bought the shine and the deepness of the black back and made it mirror like. Really really reflective :)

it's cheap as chips on eBay and its the legit thing. Any black car owner won't regret buying this, it takes a long time but its worth it :) can make you feel light headed though from the fumes so do it well ventilated and take a break every now and then

Jacked the car up this morning and had a look at the rear left and lucky I did because 2 wheel bolts were loose and wobbling everywhere :o so now hoping the rotational grindy noise wasn't the drums and just the loose wheel. Don't fancy driving around on 3 wheels hahs

No it wasn't the VW alloys, they were my own but I go round them all with a torque wrench anyway so either I missed one or something happened :/ anyway, haven't driven anywhere yet so I don't know if it was the problem, we shall see later on.

Lesson learnt anyway, triple check wheel bolts :D

• 3 weeks later...

At last!! My laptop is fixed, so it is now picture time :)

Not perfect but enjoy anyway :)

So here is when I first picked it up and took it home next to the old one, Which my dad has now bought off me so I haven't got rid of it that easy haha

IMG_0445_zps46ebedce.jpg

First thing I done was swap my wheels and radio over

IMG_0449_zps6a98ce0e.jpg

IMG_0450_zpsd32e77ac.jpg

IMG_0451_zps824756cc.jpg

Not too low :P

IMG_0451_zps824756cc.jpg

IMG_0453_zps4ad376bd.jpg

With or without centre caps?

IMG_0455_zps40a672ed.jpg

IMG_0576_zps7e6e0a67.jpg

Put the rear mud flaps on :) Also Krum needed some new front brakes so a small trip to the internet and bought these :)

IMG_0599_zps981c6a74.jpg

IMG_0601_zps72a24ac1.jpg

Also used the Turtle Wax Black Box. All I can say is fantastic! I would say it's only to be used after a good machine polish as it is rubbish at filling in scratches even though it's black tinted but apart from that it's brilliant, goes on and comes off quicker than saying because and really transforms the car, I was amazed anyway. Don't have any pictures of the during process as my hands were covered in black but here's some after shots.

On the bonnet.

IMG_0605_zpsf06a9662.jpg

IMG_0606_zpsb14b852b.jpg

IMG_0607_zps3386e0d5.jpg

Here is the difference.. on the door you can see the paint is all sort of cloudy and greyish, on the left panel is after using the pre wax and wax.

Also, I would have machine polished it with my grandad but he got called out to work and I didn't have the balls to do it incase I screwed up haha

IMG_0608_zpsd9eddc15.jpg

Some nice outside shots after the wax session.

IMG_0611_zps45c62f09.jpg

IMG_0613_zpsca3a72b7.jpg

IMG_0615_zpsf927be8d.jpg

^^ Fiancees cat :D

BEADING!

IMG_0629_zpsa06ad580.jpg

My 2nd favourite shot of the new car :)

IMG_0592_zps37cee398.jpg

Not low low, but low enough to just scrape on paving :P

IMG_0616_zpsbee16c70.jpg

The convoy

IMG_0636_zpsd34af81d.jpg

Favourite and last pit of the car :) mid interior clean

IMG_0638_zps5d4fb6be.jpg

Sorry for the essay of a post and the very large pictures, also all of them are ipod quality.

Comments always welcomed, even bad ones,

Getting the advice out of the way... I know the rear end needs to come down :P

Cheers, Joe

Cheers pal :D ideally needs a god machine polish to get ride of the scratches, struggling to find the time due to me and my grandad having different work hours :/

Disaster!! One of my front shocks blown :( Luckily I had the original front shocks and matching 40mm front springs as a spare courtesy of the previous owner so all is well, me and dad got the buggers changed in an hour and a half after spending most of the looking for a 7mm hex... who the f*ck owns these!!

Anyway, the car has complete 40mm springs on now :) It's sat a bit higher than I would like but they were free so who cares, the previous front coilovers were secondhand when the previous owner put them on so god knows what they've been through!

Only dilemma is now it seriously needs the tracking done so dad is gonna take it to the garage nearby tomorrow and get that done while im at work :)

I'll take some pictures and put them up of what it sits like now when it has settled for a bit :)

Cheers, Joe :)

• 2 weeks later...

Right so I got the tracking done for £20 :) Idealy needs the camber sorted out too but my dad didnt have the time to wait for the garage to do it so its only really half done :/ how easy to sort out camber yourself? and will it throw the tracking out (toe)?

washed the beast today and the method was.. pressure wash to get most of the crap off, snow foam, pressure wash, 2BM, rinse, snowfoam, pressure wash, dry :) didnt do any polish or waxing but it could be done with it doing. anyway snapped some pictures, unfortenatly they dont show how its sitting at the moment with the 40mm all round springs on but whatever.

IMG_06901_zps0899aecf.jpg

(Zoomed in on shoddy ipod so excuse the quality)

IMG_06891_zps59aebfcd.jpg

IMG_06871_zps9532249a.jpg

Enjoy :)

Joe

• 1 month later...

So after lots of neglect washing it, i reached a point where it didn't get any dirtier, so I washed it, too cold for pics though ;)

anyway big MOT is tomorrow, hoping it won't cost a bomb this time although I've learnt from my mistakes last time and am gonna do the work myself with my dad and get it reMOTd, only if it's gonna cost a bomb though, got some oil and a oil filter to pick up at same time aswell so I can service it myself, need to buy a KandN revive kit ( or whatever they are called aswell)

let you you know the crack soon

joe

So the Arosa passed its MOT with flying colours!! chuffed after what happened with my old one haha. It only needed a front pair of indicator bulbs...

Gonna be changing the oil filter and oil in the next couple of weeks to some Castrol Magnatec 5w30.

Need to buy a pollen filter aswell and a K&N Recharge kit of eBay too.

There is a small leak in the exhaust from the join where the Powerflow exhaust starts.

This starting problem still exists though :/

I can't decide whether or not it is the battery or the starter motor...

It completely died at the weekend. You turn the key and it only turns over once, dies, then all the clocks and radio resets and you can hear a buzzing noise, but if you put a battery charger on it then it starts straight away, no problems at all for about day and half, then its back to square one...

Any ideas, I'm gonna be buying a battery tomorrow, so I will fit that when I get it and see if it sorts the problem, if not then I'm guessing the starter motor is buggered? Either that or something is draining all the power, and no, I am not leaving my lights on, I haven't even used the radio incase it uses too much electricity haha.

Joe

Right, so my dad got his friend to come round with a battery tester and he said he's about 85% sure the battery was buggered.
I swapped the battery out of my old Arosa into the new one and tried to start it and it worked thankfully. Dads friend said give it a week and if it ends up not working again then it's a problem haha.

I've driven it for about two days now to and from work and once to my girlfriends and its started everytime. So far so good, I hope it stays that way haha

Joe