FK/AK Street Coilovers

VWFTW

Sorted you out Koop. You owe me one! ;) haha..

And I had a look at those earlier, I'm not too keen on buying a set of used Coilovers, you never know how good/bad condition they are in! Well I won't know anyway! lol

I'll keep searching! :)

Those Ak streets seem to give a good ride, but they do fall apart quickly! All of the second hand sets seem to have 'slight leaks'!

Really?! Good job I have enough money to buy a decent set of coilovers then..

I'm thinking..

FK Highsport Coilovers?

Or

AP Coilovers?

Can we have some feedback on both please? (and please don't send a link to the Definiation Thread for Coilovers!) iv already read it! :)

Thanks Guys!

But doesn't it contain feedback on them? From the feedback I've read I'd go for the Highsports, or the Weitecs that I'm getting :D The FKs will go lower though. Anyway I'm sorted now so feel free to hassle madmanncfc about them 60mm rear springs if you decide to go for the AKs :thumbsup:

But doesn't it contain feedback on them? From the feedback I've read I'd go for the Highsports, or the Weitecs that I'm getting :D The FKs will go lower though. Anyway I'm sorted now so feel free to hassle madmanncfc about them 60mm rear springs if you decide to go for the AKs :thumbsup:

yeah it does.. but not recent feedback! :( lol I dunno man, im useless with making decisions! I think I may go for FK's from Venom!! £385 atm.. not a bad price tbh.. lol, and what you gone for Koop?

Weitec Hicon GTs, don't go that low but they'll be low enough for me (will be running 15s/16s) & reports of comfort swung it cos I have back troubles but still want my loop to look & handle as awesome as she deserves :thumbsup:

Weitec Hicon GTs, don't go that low but they'll be low enough for me (will be running 15s/16s) & reports of comfort swung it cos I have back troubles but still want my loop to look & handle as awesome as she deserves :thumbsup:

Haha.. They are pricey ay? How much did they take you back? (if you don't mind me asking) Lol! And yeah I want the lows and looks meeeee thinks! lol

They're second hand, I'll just say not exactly cheap by my usual budget build standards but a steal for what they are :lol:;)

385 seems pretty good for highsports though eh?

Yes mate.. I'm gonna buy them from Venom! Unless AwesomeAl can match the price or anywhere near the price! :) going to get a re-map done from them guys aswell for £150! Bargain!! I need more money though! lol!!!!

If you're gonna go fo FK coilovers I would suggest either the Konigsport or the Silverline-X as both of these use Koni dampers.. We stopped selling FK because of the high percentage of warranty issues we came across. We got the feeling that either they were not taking the same level of care in manufacturing they used to or they were cheapening the components..

I'd personally go for AP's or Weitec's if I was on a budget..

Iv got these on my car and I'm not very happy at all the backs are just shock and springs and don't lower a lot! Pretty pointless and terrible for coilovers!! And the front are reali soft and with how low I have got mine on my car I hit the drive shaft off the chassis! But only on the right hand side bt the left side it hits the tire befor the drive shaft and when you hang it Round an island they're that soft the wheels scrap on the arch! Yes I could go higher but my friends have different sets and lower then mine and have no problem one bit! And my tracking settings want keep true! Not sure if this is due to the coils or my car?! But of I was you I would save some more and go for a better set! Hope this helps