VW lupo Sport... misfire. please help.

hi guys.

i have recently got my lupo sport back from an engine rebuild... all internals are new, but accessories are still the same, ie coilpack, manifold, inlet, egr valve... had the car back and running fine for a week, haven't been over 3k yet, done aprox 250 miles so far. last night was in 5th gear, had foot down to accelerate and suddenly no power at all, and was running really lumpy and rough, i pulled over and turned the car off. when i then turned the car over, it was still running really lumpy... and i had EPC light... and a flashing CHECK light. i turned the car of, left it for 5 mins, turned it on and it ran fine but with a constant CHECK light. i went home straight away... went to check it this morning, and now it seems to be running even worse, as if its missfiring... the EPC light and Check light are both on. any idea what to do?

it has new spark plugs...

i know that coilpacks, ht leads and EGR valve could be a possibility... but just want some opinions before i buy all 3.. and then find out its nothing to do with it.

any help is greatly appreciated!

thanks.

Also given its a new engine you should be avoiding high load situations such as WOT in a high gear at low RPM.

Im suprised they didnt replace the ignition system as a matter of course, given their fragile nature

yeah so was i Defcon5. Coilpack changed, leads changed, spark plugs changed and EGR valve changed....

and still no joy... even more lumpy.... and now have EPC and a CONSTANT CHECK light on...

this a job for autoelctician?

will be going back on VAG COM at about 5 30... so il see what it reads then.

it read Cylinder 2 misfire, Random cylinder missfire and something to do with manifold pressure...

il see what it reads later...not took it back yet, i had the engine rebuilt at MANX in derby... but then the engine put back in lupo by my mechanic mate ....

all my mate has done is put the engine in, thats it... that wouldnt cause a fault with the engine... plus its not really a 'mates job' it went to benze and was done properly so... untill i get the readings from vag com... i dont know...

Right people... ran the car with VAG COM... it came up with ONE error. that was missfire in cylinder 1.

i have checked the spark plug, it HAS a spark.

it is getting FUEL....

it HAS compression

and it IS still in time. have checked all the timng belts and pulleys.

it has EVERYTHING it needs but it isnt firing... i am now beyond confused... any help?

it just said Cylinder 1 missfire. there were no other errors.

swaped spark plug with one we KNOW is working... still no joy.

swaped injector... still nothing

wouldnt be MAP sensor would it? or coolant sensor?

• 3 weeks later...