broken cup holder!

Rowan S Jones

had to get out of the passenger side and accidentally kicked the cup holder! :rant:

the right hand side (cup holder not coin tray) still will move in and out, but has lost it's springyness, taken the spring out, and it's still all in tact, just have to get the bugger back in...

anyone else tackled this before?

thanks in advance! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Not had this issue but I'd say take it apart & put it back together & get a new one if it doesn't work, that's my general philosophy :lol:

Theres one on ebay for £10 + p&p.

Ive just been trying to get mine out, taken the radio out and the bit under that that holds the cup holder and card tray. Have you managed to get them seperated so you have the cup holder out of its housing? As i was trying and ive just broken the same springy thing lol.

On mine there was a bit of sticky stuff at the back sticking both drawer units to the main housing, rip this off it's not needed. Then there's 4 clips - 2 for each drawer - at the front end. Start at the corner & get a screwdriver in to prise the clip down and pull the drawer unit out a bit. Stick a small screwdriver or something in the gap to stop it clipping back in while you get the other one out. Then unclip t'other side & pull the drawer unit out. Repeat on the other side if you need them both out. That's how I swapped my coin tray & cup holder over.

I just swapped over the 2 drawer units, didn't disassemble any more than that sorry

yeah I swapped them over soon as I got the car, I learnt from my mate as he always used to spill his hot chocolate from mcd's while turning corners cus the cup holder is so close to the steering wheel haha...

Done it! actually a very easy job, I'm afraid I didn't take any pictures but I can write a quick 'how to'

Follow Koops instructions on how to take each tray out, now if you look at the underneath of your drinks holder tray you will see a yellow cog,

this simply pops out if you push it, theres a hole at the back for it to come out. now slide the drinks holder out (like you would to place a drink in it)

and look underneath again, there is a small piece of plastic right next to where you just removed the cog this is stopping the drinks holder from

coming apart, if you give it a bit of a push down, maybe get a screwdriver on it, the whole inner bit should just pop out, you'll be able to see

where the springy coil bit goes, pop it back in place then push the drinks holder in, refit your yellow cog, and you're laughing! tumblr_ln5ykqRC0p1qana01o1_500.jpg

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Looks the same as the ones in an Audi. Fiddly but not a tough job. Mines was just sticky from years of having fizzy drinks and what not spilt into it. Didn't work when I got the car, pull it apart, cleaned it and its as good as new.

Worth doing if yours is slow.

• 6 months later...

Theres a slot at the front of the carcass for the T part of the spring to slide into. Slot it in, push the holder back in.

Please explain, I've just taken mine apart & can't get it back together :(

• 2 weeks later...