Induction....?

Hawkesybaby

Might have a thread like this already but I'm on my phone has ****ty "app" and can't use search function... So...

What induction kit would you people recommend for Loop GTI I know there's the BMC CDA who has used this and what would you say is good/bad about the product? Also what do other people have? Good/bad?

Discuss.... :)

I have the BMC CDA and its way overrated.. Its expensive and gives very little gains, it will sharpen up throttle response a little and give you some induction noise but thats about it.. Im going to have a go at modding the K&N typhoon for the Polo Gti to fit the Lupo, it looks like a much better kit IMO.

Paul

Edited by Fizo

Yeah I know intake of cold is primary when it comes to induction especially NA cars jut wondering what people have used and what other maybe better options are out there....?

The KandN typhoon kit is summat I've heard of but whats involved in the custom fit jobby?

I've had an open pipercross kit, sounded good bit doubt there was any gain, I have a pipercross viper carbon now, again sounds good, still finishing the hard pipe cold air feed for it.

I doubt you would feel any difference in performance with an induction kit on its own, it will sound much better though.

You really need a dedicated cold air feed so hot air is drawn in from the engine bay, there a few threads with pictures on here.

Edited by angelo77

Drill the life out of the airbox, smooth out the tabs on the inside of it, run a good cold air feed to the holes. And if you feel like it, put in a performance panel filter to improve air flow.

Money saved, does the same job :)

By no means am I expecting to put an induction kit on and the car to gain a million horses this will be coupled with a few other performance mods etc and a remap I was just wondering what other people have n see what kinda gains or issues etc peeps have had

And jabbles I was thinking drilling and panel filter but you have less "control" over that really...?