Norwegian Lupo - Got lows :D

Thealex

Hello :)

This is my Lupo!

Currently removing as much weight I can from it, while still keeping it road legal.

Future plans are coilovers. More pics will be comming!

I want to keep it light and agile :) So I can take it to the tracks at some point. Will need to change out the 1.0 in it tho.

But I don't want it to look really ugly inside. All my m8's are laughing at it :P So any tips on very lightweight materials to smooth out the interior is welcome :)

6784963556_b94c78ef66.jpg

I have removed some weight already.

Car started out on about 950kg's (with a bit of stereo in it..)

After all stereo was removed, some cables, the instruction manual, interior parts etc. I had removed 48,5 kg's

Then I removed the sound deadening(was a bit wet also.. HEAVY) which was another 13KG off. Still have everything behind the dash to remove tho. so there is more :P

Then I took the backseats out. That was another 13kg off.

This lupo had a towing bar. The bolts on them was a pain, so I just took the grinder out. that was 7kg I think. Need a crash bar tho. So that might be the same weight back on :P

Edited by Thealex

6785003468_20d1742f93.jpg

Away with the crap!

6931124725_da4f022b9d.jpg

Dirty dirty!

6785006096_706e31426b.jpg

6785005822_da1433f267.jpg

My m8's car along with mine :)

6785004288_f661f33930.jpg

Got a bit of snow in Norway this year. Grinder still wants to play tho :)

6931123349_786b214376.jpg

6785004822_c68dd85382.jpg

Been playing with the handbrake on a small parkinglot. Fun :P

6931122801_d715e6f777.jpg

6785004032_48338d8e47.jpg

How much did we remove today? hmmm

6931121903_a1a839780f.jpg

When people relocate their battery to the back. Do they reground ut somewhere there, or do they extend the original groundcable like you do with the + cable?

Think I should move some weight to the back, as it's becomming really light on the arse :P

Sadly it's not legal to drive without the dashboard here. or I'd have thrown that one out too :)

Get those rear seat belts removed, those things have got to be at least a kilo each!

Aye, just need to get it regg'ed as a 2 seater. It's not legal to remove the rear belts unless I do that first :P

Ah I see, ridiculous rule though as there's nothing for your passengers to sit on anyway!!

The standard seats are also quite heavy, if you're on a weight saving mission a bucket seat will save you at least 5kg per seat.

• 1 month later...

Spoken with the deparment of (way to strict laws for) motor vehicles, and in 3 weeks, I'll get to show them my car. So they can register it as a 2 seater :)

Got some plans for it, which will make it less light weight. I miss having music in the car, and I'll be driving oslo > Bodø > all over norway > Oslo with it this summer. So must make it comfy.

Replace the glass in the rear with aluminium sheets & you've got a Lupo van...and saved even more weight ;)

A quad bike you can drive in & out of the back like knight rider? :lol:

Bought a air-hose for the engine the other day. Made it happy :) Using less petrol and it's not hesitating anymore at low speed when I floor it ^^

7118309149_5f356906d8.jpg

7118309555_619be6316d.jpg

Edited by Thealex

• 4 weeks later...

Got a weird ticking noise in the engine. Does these 1.0's have timing belts or chains?

The only belt I can see is the one on the alternator. think it is a aht or auc engine.

It dissapears when I rev it. Ticking increases a bit, and suddenly it's gone. Waterpump and alternator belt?

oh, and I've ordered coilies :) Can't wait to get the car lower!

oh, and I've ordered coilies :) Can't wait to get the car lower!

woop woop :D